Twitter: Cowboys sign Marvin Austin after workout (Post #36)..will wear #90

Common Sense

Reaction score
Why can't we? George selvie is doing a good job replacing spencer. We held the 3rd best offense in the league to 3 points with Kyle Wilber in wares place. We could find someone to give us the production and save around 10 mil in 2014 by moving ware. How hard is that to understand? It is, at the very least, something that needs to be considered. Not dismissed.

Of course I've considered it. I think plenty of people have, but once you do, you can only reach one conclusion: Kyle Wilber and George Selvie have not done anything to suggest that they can match Ware's level of play. Do you watch the games? There's more to playing defensive end than just the sack column on the ESPN website. There is no reason to gut your ENTIRE STARTING DEFENSIVE LINE (Spencer, Ratliff, Hatcher, and Ware would all be gone according to your logic) when you don't have a single player left who can even so much as handle double teams.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Good lord this thread went from signing Austin to cutting Ware to save money? It's not out money in the first place? We don't spend it we don't save it? All this saving money talk is pure nonsense who are we to tell someone how to spend their money? If this franchise wants to spend its money who cares? They will find away to make it work. Some act as if this club can't field a team if it isn't 15 mil under the salary cap. Who cares it's not our money! So what if Ware costs a lot of money? That's what happens when you draft good talent it costs you money. It's not my money and it hasn't stopped my team from signing or re-signing people. These guys do this for a living not me if they say they can afford it good for them. Doesn't affect me one way or another.

jnday

Reaction score
Good lord this thread went from signing Austin to cutting Ware to save money? It's not out money in the first place? We don't spend it we don't save it? All this saving money talk is pure nonsense who are we to tell someone how to spend their money? If this franchise wants to spend its money who cares? They will find away to make it work. Some act as if this club can't field a team if it isn't 15 mil under the salary cap. Who cares it's not our money! So what if Ware costs a lot of money? That's what happens when you draft good talent it costs you money. It's not my money and it hasn't stopped my team from signing or re-signing people. These guys do this for a living not me if they say they can afford it good for them. Doesn't affect me one way or another.

You should care how the team manages their money as a fan. The better decisions made that involves the salary cap means a better team on the field. They haven't always made it work. Some bad contracts and overvaluing their own players have hurt the quality if the team that you see from week to week. I hope you are not serious with these comments.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Athletes want to compete.
It's what defines them - winning, at anything, any level.
They're lost without it, and therefore have difficulty acknowledging any decline in their abilities.
They will never give up or give in, and will be determined to prove any doubters wrong.
Physical skills will inevitably decline over time.
Physical skills alone do not qualify someone as an athlete.

The RKG strategy demands this athletic mindset.
The concept that this mindset can be lost and regained is worth considering, since there have been numerous examples of such.

One can conclude that some careers may be resurrected, and some last longer than they should.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
troubled kid who was best DT talent coming out, first round grade but suspended senior year, still played in an all-star game and was MVP (don't remember which game), hopefully won't room with Dez

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You should care how the team manages their money as a fan. The better decisions made that involves the salary cap means a better team on the field. They haven't always made it work. Some bad contracts and overvaluing their own players have hurt the quality if the team that you see from week to week. I hope you are not serious with these comments.

You don't get my point. I'm not going to moan and groan over contracts I did not make or set the market for. Why should I? Every club has had bad contracts it's business it happens. Nobody knows what a player is going to do once they get that fat contract it's a gamble. If you are not a gambling man you shouldn't be in this business. You will win some and you will lose some. But I'm not gonna lose sleep over the money they spend it's their money they have to do will with and they know how to make it work.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You don't get my point. I'm not going to moan and groan over contracts I did not make or set the market for. Why should I? Every club has had bad contracts it's business it happens. Nobody knows what a player is going to do once they get that fat contract it's a gamble. If you are not a gambling man you shouldn't be in this business. You will win some and you will lose some. But I'm not gonna lose sleep over the money they spend it's their money they have to do will with and they know how to make it work.

I'm sending emails to Jerry to hire me on to watch over the pole dancers at home games. You know, make sure they're safe.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I
Of course I've considered it. I think plenty of people have, but once you do, you can only reach one conclusion: Kyle Wilber and George Selvie have not done anything to suggest that they can match Ware's level of play. Do you watch the games? There's more to playing defensive end than just the sack column on the ESPN website. There is no reason to gut your ENTIRE STARTING DEFENSIVE LINE (Spencer, Ratliff, Hatcher, and Ware would all be gone according to your logic) when you don't have a single player left who can even so much as handle double teams.

I never said Wilber or selvie could replace ware. Nor did i say we should gut the entire d line. We could find someone in FA/draft/trade. And still save about 10 mil.

Common Sense

Reaction score
I never said Wilber or selvie could replace ware. Nor did i say we should gut the entire d line. We could find someone in FA/draft/trade. And still save about 10 mil.

George selvie is doing a good job replacing spencer. We held the 3rd best offense in the league to 3 points with Kyle Wilber in wares place. We could find someone to give us the production and save around 10 mil in 2014 by moving ware.

The fact remains we could save money and replace him and still get the production out of coach marinelli's scheme. Ala George selvie..

If we can save money and still get the production. Like a George selvie. I don't see what's so wrong with the idea.!

TrailBlazer

Reaction score

And? My point was that if selvie can play well in this scheme, a better player ( a free agent) could replace ware's production and we still save about 8-9 mil.

How much longer do you think ware can play?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I

If you do not mean a player like Selvie or Wilber, then what is the name of this jabber-wocky that will take less money and produce like an all pro? I just want to ride in on my flying unicorn and knight him with my vorpal blade.

dogberry

Reaction score
We are paying Austin $90 K (3 wk minimum NFL salary?) to come in and show Marinelli that he, Austin, has NFL ability and willingness. A fair trade.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
If you do not mean a player like Selvie or Wilber, then what is the name of this jabber-wocky that will take less money and produce like an all pro? I just want to ride in on my flying unicorn and knight him with my vorpal blade.

Even ware isn't performing like a all pro. He's third on the team in sacks. We could find someone relatively cheap to do an admirable job.