Twitter: Cowboys sign Marvin Austin after workout (Post #36)..will wear #90

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
was a heckuva talent at UNC, great gap penetrator and able to hold his ground in the run game.
If it can work with Nevis, who has bounced around as well, it can work with this kid.
DT -Hatcher-Hayden-Nevis-Austin-Wynn

DE- Ware-Selvie-Wilber-Rayford-Vega

That hopefully gives enough of a rotation to keep guys fresh.

If only we could find one more motivated DE from somewhere. Who is this Sam Montgomery kid mentioned earlier?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If only we could find one more motivated DE from somewhere. Who is this Sam Montgomery kid mentioned earlier?
He wasn't on the Cowboys draft board, Wood wasn't either.

DRAFT ANALYSIS:
"Now that's really interesting pick. He's a guy who on tape is a solid, solid second-round pick. But a lot of teams didn't like his interview process. Teams didn't like his profile as far as who the kid was and what he was all about. They weren't sure he was focused on football, and a lot of teams quite frankly took him off the board. From a football perspective, the Texans just got a steal." -- Mike Mayock
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/sam-montgomery?id=2540149

Three sources who wished to remain anonymous told ESPN.com that the violation occurred due to marijuana use.

Jefferson's agent, Chad Cannon, told ESPN.com that the players were smoking a cigar in the team hotel and that illegal drugs were not involved.

"We're discussing the possibility of filing a grievance," Cannon said. "I need to be in touch with them and really figure if that's the best route to take."
Montgomery told Comcast SportsNet Houston that he walked into a hotel room where Wood and Jefferson were smoking a cigar Saturday and was later called from a meeting by coach Gary Kubiak.

Montgomery was a third-round draft pick by the Texans and was inactive for the first seven games of the season. He went into rookie minicamp out of shape and suffered an injury shortly thereafter that limited him in offseason workouts and practices.

After the break following offseason workouts, Montgomery showed up at training camp -- again out of shape -- and began training camp on the non-football injury list.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...t-sam-montgomery-cierre-wood-willie-jefferson

DC Cowboy

Reaction score

DRAFT ANALYSIS:
"Now that's really interesting pick. He's a guy who on tape is a solid, solid second-round pick. But a lot of teams didn't like his interview process. Teams didn't like his profile as far as who the kid was and what he was all about. They weren't sure he was focused on football, and a lot of teams quite frankly took him off the board. From a football perspective, the Texans just got a steal." -- Mike Mayock

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...t-sam-montgomery-cierre-wood-willie-jefferson

Thank you

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That's why I said if we can save money

Dallas would save 7.5m against the cap and 12.2m in real salary if they cut or traded Ware next year, with no dead money after that. If they June 1st cut Ware, they would save another 4.8m by pushing it to 2015.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score

DRAFT ANALYSIS:

He got a great endorsement from the LSU Training Staff during the LSU pro day.

original.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He got a great endorsement from the LSU Training Staff during the LSU pro day.

Yeah, that was absolutely brutal. I guess it's not too surprising Mongo got himself into this situation so quickly, after all. It probably goes without saying, but I'd pass on this one outright.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Yeah, that was absolutely brutal. I guess it's not too surprising Mongo got himself into this situation so quickly, after all. It probably goes without saying, but I'd pass on this one outright.

And he showed up over weight and out of shape to his first rookie training camp with the Texans.

The 3 Texan players were reportedly released because they were caught smoking a blunt in the Team Hotel the night before the game.

This guy REALLY does not want to be an NFL player.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Love the signing. Out of high school he was a 5 star recruit and the best defensive player in the nation that my Tarheels landed. Some say he hadn't lived up to his potential and those people are correct.

Here's why I love the signing. The dude is a freak that has been side tracked by the money, even in college; good friend of Bruce Carter and I think BC will push him here. This could very we'll be his last shot in the NFL, I think he takes advantage of it. Fingers crossed.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
It seems coming to Dallas is his best chance at a 'resurrection'. Here's hoping it works out.

jaybird

Reaction score
said we were going to draft him in the 2nd round and are going to give him a shot here....
2011 - Defensive Tackle
1.Marcell Dareus, Alabama
2.Nick Fairley, Auburn
3.Corey Liuget, Illinois
4.Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple
5.Stephen Paea, Oregon St.
6.Phil Taylor, Baylor
7.Marvin Austin, North Carolina
8.Christian Ballard, Iowa
9.Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson
10.Jurrell Casey, USC
11.Terrell McClain, South Florida
12.Kenrick Ellis, Hampton
13.Drake Nevis, L.S.U.
14.Sione Fua, Stanford

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He didn't even get the chance to coach Ratliff, he has been hurt since last season.

There's a lot of coaching that goes on inside Valley Ranch and not just on the practice field. Everyone has a miss from time to time and I hope Ratliff was just a miss for Marinelli.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
There's a lot of coaching that goes on inside Valley Ranch and not just on the practice field. Everyone has a miss from time to time and I hope Ratliff was just a miss for Marinelli.

Why would Marinelli have anything to do with Rat?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well I hope that Rod can get him going in the right direction and get this kid to possibly untap some of his potential.