Twitter: Cowboys sign Marvin Austin after workout (Post #36)..will wear #90

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Except for the fact that he never was?

A good leader can straighten out a non-performer in a matter of minutes. It's called leadership. Now, I'm not saying Marinelli is a bad coach or anything close to that. I hope like hell he can help this Austin guy.

Common Sense

Reaction score
A good leader can straighten out a non-performer in a matter of minutes. It's called leadership. Now, I'm not saying Marinelli is a bad coach or anything close to that. I hope like hell he can help this Austin guy.

Troll harder, bro.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Dallas would save 7.5m against the cap and 12.2m in real salary if they cut or traded Ware next year, with no dead money after that. If they June 1st cut Ware, they would save another 4.8m by pushing it to 2015.

Thank you. This is the point I was trying to make

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
How do we save money? Do you understand the cap issues that a trade or release of Ware would cause?

Actually we could save a lot of money by trading releasing ware. Check out @gailianbeast thread about the salary cap

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
the fact that you don't see what's wrong with it is the problem.

We could save a lot money by moving him with little penalty.
You do not get HOF production from someone much cheaper is his point I believe. You do understand that HOF production (or even pro bowl production) is not that common, right?

We could save a substantial amount of money making ware a June 1st cut. This is a business. Get with it

silver

Reaction score
We could save a lot money by moving him with little penalty.

We could save a substantial amount of money making ware a June 1st cut. This is a business. Get with it

I see your point but it'll never happen. If anything Jerry will give him an extension. Part of his "business" is selling jerseys and luxury boxes and Ware is one of the few marquee names. You wont sell too many George Selvie jerseys IMHO, being a journeyman type having already played for several teams in the league. If you see the guys we hang on for a year too long at times, all of them are home grown talent. Not saying it's right or wrong but that's the team's MO and it makes as much sense dollarwise as to get rid of them while they still can play. People still question the way we got rid of Emmitt. In summary I see your point, however I don't see us doing it.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I see your point but it'll never happen. If anything Jerry will give him an extension. Part of his "business" is selling jerseys and luxury boxes and Ware is one of the few marquee names. You wont sell too many George Selvie jerseys IMHO, being a journeyman type having already played for several teams in the league. If you see the guys we hang on for a year too long at times, all of them are home grown talent. Not saying it's right or wrong but that's the team's MO and it makes as much sense dollarwise as to get rid of them while they still can play. People still question the way we got rid of Emmitt. In summary I see your point, however I don't see us doing it.

I see your point. But we're the Dallas cowboys! The most valuable franchise. I don't think we would have a problem selling jerseys or tickets without ware

VThokie7

Reaction score
There's a lot of coaching that goes on inside Valley Ranch and not just on the practice field. Everyone has a miss from time to time and I hope Ratliff was just a miss for Marinelli.

Except it was reported Ratliff was absent around Valley Ranch and did all of his rehab away from the team. So any contact was very limited. Ratliff was hurt, absent, and pissed at the team. He is a poor example to question Marinelli's coaching.

Common Sense

Reaction score
I see your point. But we're the Dallas cowboys! The most valuable franchise. I don't think we would have a problem selling jerseys or tickets without ware

Why don't we just dump Witten while we're at it? Better yet, just think of all the savings we'll see in the next few years by not resigning Dez or Tyron!

The two thriftiest teams get to play in the Super Bowl at the end of the season, right?

jnday

Reaction score
2011 - Defensive Tackle
1.Marcell Dareus, Alabama
2.Nick Fairley, Auburn
3.Corey Liuget, Illinois
4.Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple
5.Stephen Paea, Oregon St.
6.Phil Taylor, Baylor
7.Marvin Austin, North Carolina
8.Christian Ballard, Iowa
9.Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson
10.Jurrell Casey, USC
11.Terrell McClain, South Florida
12.Kenrick Ellis, Hampton
13.Drake Nevis, L.S.U.
14.Sione Fua, Stanford

Going into his last college season, Austin was considered the top DT prospect by many scouts.
Why don't we just dump Witten while we're at it? Better yet, just think of all the savings we'll see in the next few years by not resigning Dez or Tyron!

The two thriftiest teams get to play in the Super Bowl at the end of the season, right?
There is no need to spend money on declining players. Spend the money wisely on the young players. With each player, it is a different situation. It is time to determine if Ware is worth the money from this point on. I say no. Other players such as Austin and Witten will have decisions made in the near future as well.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score

Stupid. We couldn't get the same production from anyone else if we got rid of witten dez or Tyron. Dez an tyron are in their prime. But if we replaced an aging ware with someone much cheaper, I believe marinelli could get the same production out of that player. That's the difference. I don't know the exact numbers but we could save at least 8m in 2014.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Stupid. We couldn't get the same production from anyone else if we got rid of witten dez or Tyron. Dez an tyron are in their prime. But if we replaced an aging ware with someone much cheaper, I believe marinelli could get the same production out of that player. That's the difference. I don't know the exact numbers but we could save at least 8m in 2014.

After these few games youre convinced that Marinelli is some miracle worker that can make some practice squad guy out produce Ware? If Ware had 10 sacks would you feel differently? Ware is a guy that forces teams to gameplan for him specifically. I wouldnt go making such bold predictions off these few games. Ware is younger than guys like Mathis, Shaun Phillips, Jarod Allen. I feel that Ware is still one of the most dominate in the game.
Though he is expensive, I dont think we should be bargain hunting when you have one of the best in the game already.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
This insane conversation is still going on?

The guy missed one game in 9 years and you want to cut him?

One of the greatest players the franchise has ever had and people want to cut him over money?

I guess I understand how the local espn radio stays in buisness, these are the people that listen and call into the show.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
After these few games youre convinced that Marinelli is some miracle worker that can make some practice squad guy out produce Ware? If Ware had 10 sacks would you feel differently? Ware is a guy that forces teams to gameplan for him specifically. I wouldnt go making such bold predictions off these few games. Ware is younger than guys like Mathis, Shaun Phillips, Jarod Allen. I feel that Ware is still one of the most dominate in the game.
Though he is expensive, I dont think we should be bargain hunting when you have one of the best in the game already.

I never said a practice squad guy to replace ware.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I wasnt trying to put words in your mouth, but some of these guys that are coming in arent even on practice squads.

I'm just saying we could save a significant amount of money in 2014. And with the success marinelli is having....

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
This insane conversation is still going on?

The guy missed one game in 9 years and you want to cut him?

One of the greatest players the franchise has ever had and people want to cut him over money?

I guess I understand how the local espn radio stays in buisness, these are the people that listen and call into the show.

If we can get the production and save about 10 mil in 2014. Yep

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I'm just saying we could save a significant amount of money in 2014. And with the success marinelli is having....

It's not your money.

By the way, I used to have a cat named TrailBlazer. Actually, his name was Blaze, but I called him TrailBlazer.

Common Sense

Reaction score

You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't.

How flipping hard is that to understand?

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't. You can't.

How flipping hard is that to understand?

Why can't we? George selvie is doing a good job replacing spencer. We held the 3rd best offense in the league to 3 points with Kyle Wilber in wares place. We could find someone to give us the production and save around 10 mil in 2014 by moving ware. How hard is that to understand? It is, at the very least, something that needs to be considered. Not dismissed.