Twitter: Cowboys sign Marvin Austin after workout (Post #36)..will wear #90

Wood

Reaction score
2nd round bust from giants DT. Marvin Austin 2nd round pick out of North Carolina. 105.3 THE FAN on the S. Jones show he said it.

I believe he was with Carter in NC and apart of group that dealt with suspensions. Austin was highly highly rated until his injury as rookie with Giants.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Well, the kid has unlimited athletic ability for the position. Question is, does he want to actually play football?

i have heard similar things about his lack of motivation,we will see because it doesnt cost us anything to bring him in as we can cut him if he fails to impress.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
If they do with him what they did with Selvie then that's really good news. Don't know anything about him, what type of player is he?

reddyuta

Reaction score
the thing is we have very replaceable guys in the bottom of the roster like Vega and Rayford,we should just put Vega back on the PS.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It says on his wikipedia page Marinelli spent a lot of time scouting him. Could be one of those coach-player connections.

I would say his input would be a big reason Dallas has brought him in for a work out and to see if his head is on straight now. He has the physical tools

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Vega, Costa, Arkin, Bosworth... All would be a good choice to make room for him. Bottom of roster guys with little to no cap hit.

The Natural

Reaction score
Hope we dont waste too much time with the guy. Sign him and get him on the field, can never have enough bodies in the trenches

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
now we can go QB first round! Jk

If Marinelli can get this kid to play, you may not be far off. This kid literally has the physical skills that could allow us to look elsewhere. He probably has more natural talent then anybody on our Roster, right now.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I believe he was with Carter in NC and apart of group that dealt with suspensions. Austin was highly highly rated until his injury as rookie with Giants.

That UNC defense was loaded IIRC. All of those suspensions doomed them.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
good bottom of the roster move -- don't expect much but Marinelli is really good at finding roles for guys

Zman5

Reaction score
My Giants fan friends told me he was more into the football celeb life than football. Knock on him was that he was lazy and not motivated.

I just hope he doesn't bring that bad attitude and infect the blue collar mentality of this "no name" DLine.