Twitter: Cowboys sign Marvin Austin after workout (Post #36)..will wear #90

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
The great thing about using these guys is that they have to play hard to stay employed, none of these guys feel "safe" I can tell you that, not with Dallas bringing in guys almost daily, a hell of a motivational tool

starfrombirth

Reaction score
My Giants fan friends told me he was more into the football celeb life than football. Knock on him was that he was lazy and not motivated.

I just hope he doesn't bring that bad attitude and infect the blue collar mentality of this "no name" DLine.

If he does, Bruce Lee, and Hatcher will rock his world... Believe me .. this locker room has turned.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Liked him coming out of college, but the guy has had some issues but he has NFL talent if someone can get his head on straight....maybe Rod can get his head out of his you know what....

Plankton

Reaction score
I was in favor of bringing him in after the final cuts by teams.

Austin has a ton of natural talent. This is a risk free look. Potentially, this is a great move, and I like bringing him in even if it doesn't work out. Keeps the rest of the DL guys on edge.

erod

Reaction score
Word is, this guy doesn't like to play football. But what the heck.

CaptainCreed

Reaction score
Dallas worked out the former 2nd round DT Tar Heel today, let's see what he can do on the field for us. Marinelli motivate him, get him up to speed, and in shape. Hope it works out for all parties. I watched him play at UNC, not the best attitude but he is a talented playmaker on the DL.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Finally, I don't know what took so long. I hope this guy tears it up rushing the passer. He put Sanchez out for the year.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Like Sims, he is a special talent that hasn't worked out. Maybe Rod can get his butt in gear but I'll reserve judgement.

FiveRings

Reaction score
I'm happy with this. I think he can be what Brent was supposed to be for us. And hey, two "M.Austin"s on the roster. Sorta like when we had both Roy Williams a few years back