Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Nolan Carroll

ICP

Reaction score
Pro Football Focus ranks him #92 out of 112 qualifiers. Honestly he should fit in perfectly with this defense

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Cowboys are bringing in guys they wanted to bring in already. Smart. Carroll i see as the 4th CB. Def better than McFadden. CB in round 1 is looking like a good bet this yr. Jackson i can see the pick at 28

8FOR!3

Reaction score
He's depth, not a bad contract. Good signing. We need depth at that position. I would assume he'd be #4 on the CB depth chart as of today.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I always thought he was decent but Eagles fans loathe the guy.

He will be elite once Jerrah reveals his "War Daddy"...oh wait...that was Demontre!
sfl-miami-dolphins-release-damontre-moore-and-two-others-20160502

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Carroll has 21 passes defended in the last 2 seasons Carr has 15.

Games played 101 compared to Carr 144...so less wear and tear you could say.

Again just slight upgrades.

Having deflections could mean he's being targeted far more often - I need to see the grade on him. I may not be remembering correctly, but I think there was talk about how awful he was.

If that's the case, no, it's not a slight upgrade. Carr is an average player sure, but he's not terrible.

This shouldn't be Carr's replacement, this should be looking to get depth so we aren't looking at undrafted FAs at corner if one of our starters get injured.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Nolan Carroll & Cowboys Agree To Terms On 3-Year Deal
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...deal-free-agent-morris-claiborne-brandon-carr

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com, the Dallas Cowboys have filled another position of need:

#Cowboys are signing CB Nolan Carroll. Former #Eagles DB goes to a rival.

If you’ll remember, the Cowboys tried to sign Carroll last offseason as they were in limbo with Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne. Carroll ended up back with the Philadelphia Eagles on a one-year deal. The Cowboys, facing the same problem with free agents Carr and Claiborne this offseason, decided to finally pry him away from those Eagles. Here are the details of the deal:...

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Would be interesting if we resign both Carr and Mo, and do a Poole cut to this guy.

Wonder if the deal is structured to allow that.

Sydla

Reaction score
FWIW, there is a report here in Philly that he never was right last year after a bad injury in 2015.