Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Nolan Carroll

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe Mike? He is average at best and will soon be on the wrong side of 30. I don't know!! Carr is in about the same category....not very inspiring.

That's it... There isn't much separating them.

I gotta think if the Cowboys offered Carr the same contract as they did Carroll he would have accepted it... There has to be a reason why they did not.

haleyrules

Reaction score
That's it... There isn't much separating them.

I gotta think if the Cowboys offered Carr the same contract as they did Carroll he would have accepted it... There has to be a reason why they did not.
Interesting. Carr seems to be slightly above average and consistently so...the FO must have seen more in Carrolls game? I can live with that.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
With Mo and McClain injuries have been a given, while Carroll and Paea have remained healthy. Carr wants more money than any of em'.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nolan Carroll's history shouts loudly that he is basically a JAG and that's no surprise, considering Dallas' vet FA history. The main thrust of Dallas' offseason attempt to upgrade the CB position should undoubtedly come during the draft. The CB talent pool this year promises to be exceptional.

waldoputty

Reaction score
LOL. The best part about that Eagles video is that Carroll is probably still better than any CB they currently have on their roster. Jalen Mills is now their #1.

LOL.

omg you are right.
they are worse off than we are.

really, what is their deal spending all their $ on wrs and no cbs?
guess they view fa cbs as bad value like our fo.
and they are losing logan and the other

lukin2006

Reaction score
I was ready to move on from Carr and Claiborne after this season. I'm guessing Carrol replaces Carr, Brown replace MC, Scandrick as the nickel CB. Draft a DB for depth.

Noclaf

Reaction score
I was ready to move on from Carr and Claiborne after this season. I'm guessing Carrol replaces Carr, Brown replace MC, Scandrick as the nickel CB. Draft a DB for depth.
That sounds like a disaster in the making

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Name: Nolan Carroll
Position: CB
Height: 6-1
Weight: 202
College: Maryland
Draft: 5th round in 2010, selected 145th overall by Miami
Games Studied: 2016, with Philadelphia Eagles vs. Pittsburgh, Dallas, New York Giants (twice)

Report: Carroll was drafted in the fifth round by the Miami Dolphins. He spent four seasons there and then moved on to the Philadelphia Eagles, where he has played the last three. In 2016, he started 16 games for the Eagles at right cornerback.

This is a highly competitive player. He has physical toughness when in press coverage, as well as good football intelligence. He understands how to come off his man and help. Pittsburgh tried to fake a screen to his side and then run the wheel route off it, but he was not fooled. Dallas tried to hit him four different times on double moves and he did not bite once. He was able to hold his position and ground.

Carroll shows playing speed for a veteran. He can accelerate across the field to carry his man -- has no trouble turning and running. Against New York, he missed on a jam against Odell Beckham Jr. and was able to close the separation down the field. He also has the ability to burst when the ball is in front of him. This is a nice reactionary athlete -- can flip his hips, turn and go. He plays with short area foot quickness, and he shows body control and balance.

In his matchup with the Cowboys, he matched up well against Dez Bryant size-wise. Bryant did make a heck of a play against him, reaching back for the ball in the red zone. He has good key and diagnose. When he sees it, he can drive to defend. He is not a poor zone player because of his awareness, but I like him more in press. He is an instinctive player.

Tackling is not one of his strengths, which makes him similar to Brandon Carr in this regard. He will do it if he has to, but it’s not one of his favorite things. With him playing on the right side, it would allow the Cowboys to keep Orlando Scandrick on the left side – so that makes for a nice fit. His speed and quickness are better than Carr.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...ll-3-cowboys-free-agent-signings?sf62043993=1

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
$4 million for Nolan but we can't keep Romo for $5 mill? This is why I am not so sure we will ever win the big one, even with this young stacked team.