Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign OL Chuma Edoga

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
who's starting for steele game 1? I thought Ball was the designated LT backup? If the new guy is a good LT prospect maybe ball moves to right? Almost forgot waletzco or however it's spelled, not sure if he was a LT or RT or swing.

Is Steele out for game one? I did not know that. In that case, then it makes even more sense why we have this signing. I could see him starting at RT, then moving to LT when Tyron goes down. I think camp would come down to Ball or Waletzco making the team for who backs up at LT. Especially since we can always use Tyler there if needed and draft a guard like Zavala or Mafi to take over in the short term if needed.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Bad news for peters :(
Not so much. I think it's more or less bad news for Ball and/or Waletzco. I think, especially if we draft a late round lineman, that one or both of them could be off the team. Thus, as stated, I'd see if I could get a 7th or a conditional 6th round pick for Ball. Maybe we can flip him for an extra late round lineman.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Don't see him as a tackle, going to have to kick him inside to develop at guard, really needs to work on his strength and footwork...
:hammer:
.....don't think the Jets did this guy a favor either sticking him out @ tackle. Move him inside...see what you got. Granted...he needs to get into better shape. Don't think his endurance was adequate....but I think you can see a little bit of Nate Newton in him. Question is...what is more important to him? Food or football?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Edoga, a Jets third-round pick in the 2019 draft, has appeared in 24 games with 13 starts. He started eight games as a rookie before playing 11 games with four starts in 2020.

New York waived Edoga last August and he was claimed by Atlanta. He appeared in a pair of games with one start for the Falcons in 2022, playing 55 offensive snaps.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/21/cowboys-sign-chuma-edoga/

Jipper

Reaction score
:hammer:
.....don't think the Jets did this guy a favor either sticking him out @ tackle. Move him inside...see what you got. Granted...he needs to get into better shape. Don't think his endurance was adequate....but I think you can see a little bit of Nate Newton in him. Question is...what is more important to him? Food or football?
based on his scouting report it sounds like hes better in run blocking than pass blocking by a good deal so makes a lot of sense....maybe hes also in on the heavy package too....dunno

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Don't know much about the guy, but by a quick google search he seems to be a plus player in the run game, what's held him back is being a total liability in pass protection. Also averages a penalty roughly every 50 snaps or so.
Think he might could do better on the inside. His starts have come at tackle. With Tyron, Tyler and Steele, we should have tackle covered, but you never know. The question really is what do we do if Tyler has to kick out to left tackle. I assume that's where Edoga comes in.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is Steele out for game one? I did not know that. In that case, then it makes even more sense why we have this signing. I could see him starting at RT, then moving to LT when Tyron goes down. I think camp would come down to Ball or Waletzco making the team for who backs up at LT. Especially since we can always use Tyler there if needed and draft a guard like Zavala or Mafi to take over in the short term if needed.
I don't know if anything is set in stone but remember he was hurt and he may or may not be ready for game 1.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't know if anything is set in stone but remember he was hurt and he may or may not be ready for game 1.
Either way, I don't think this signing is for a long term starter. I think the FO was displeased with Josh Ball, and this is an upgrade over him.