Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign OT Diaz & OG Bosch / Waive Center Stanton & WR Jeune

Doomsday101

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – With thin depth on the offensive line entering the final week of preseason, the Cowboys signed free agent offensive tackle Matthew Diaz and guard Kyle Bosch to the 90-man roster.

To make room, the team waived wide receiver Ricky Jeune and center Dustin Stanton, who injured his knee in Sunday’s 27-3 preseason loss to the Cardinals.

Diaz went undrafted out of Wagner and originally went to training camp with the Titans. Bosch, an undrafted rookie out of West Virginia, was recently cut by the Panthers.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-sign-two-for-o-line-stanton-wr-waived?sf196429011=1

Reaction score
That ain't gonna do it. We have enough guys who can't play at this level-- just adding more JAGs isn't going to improve our depth. We need talent-- not just warm bodies.
They signed these guys just to get through this last preseason game. They won't make the team. Neither would the guys they released today.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
They signed these guys just to get through this last preseason game. They won't make the team. Neither would the guys they released today.

May be true. But we need to add players. Ones that can actually play at this level. Yesterday.

The product they trotted out on Sat was laughably bad. The first team D looks solid-- everything else looks like hot garbage. I get that it's "just a preseason game"-- but I guess I'm just old fashioned and think that the goal is to have a competitive roster of 53 players. At what level of football is 8 turnovers EVER an acceptable outcome?! IMO-- several of the players should have been cut just to send a message-- but camp cupcake continues.

Reactions: CWR

Doomsday101

Reaction score
May be true. But we need to add players. Ones that can actually play at this level. Yesterday.

The product they trotted out on Sat was laughably bad. The first team D looks solid-- everything else looks like hot garbage. I get that it's "just a preseason game"-- but I guess I'm just old fashioned and think that the goal is to have a competitive roster of 53 players. At what level of football is 8 turnovers EVER an acceptable outcome?! IMO-- several of the players should have been cut just to send a message-- but camp cupcake continues.

and where are these players coming from? Cowboys may be able to come up with a vet OL who is released but unless your are willing to give up picks or trade a good player chances are it will be guys who are released.

John813

Reaction score
Did Jeune get game time at WR any game? I didn't really watch the shitshow second half on sunday.

glimmerman

Reaction score

Even worse. The ones that committed the turnovers may be on the 53. Rush, Lenoir, was it Rod that fumbled?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
They found willing partners for Tavon Austin and Jihad Ward. I have to believe that there are some decent vet backups out there that we could trade for. We need to turn over every rock to find some help because this offense's success is predicated on a dominant OL.

Right now-- we do NOT have one viable backup outside of Looney. Fleming, Edwards, and Green have flat out sucked. We need some urgency from the FO...

Reactions: CWR

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread has potential to turn into a panic time vent session. Or another one I should say.
Especially all the posters ragging on Jerry and the FO in a few other threads.
:lmao::muttley:

RodeoJake

Reaction score
They'll wait until after the cuts to add depth. It's the smart move. If they can get players off waivers, they'll be cheaper salary wise and won't cost a player or draft pick. If quality can't be found on the waiver wire, they'll address needs via trade.

Reaction score

I totally agree that the team should always be looking to add talent. But that wasn't the purpose of the moves today.

But yeah, that disaster Sunday does not make me feel better.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I totally agree that the team should always be looking to add talent. But that wasn't the purpose of the moves today.

But yeah, that disaster Sunday does not make me feel better.

I hear you. I'm just frustrated by the lack of urgency and action from the FO to address some GLARING holes.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Cut two players that weren’t making it and bringing in two players for a tryout.