Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign OT Diaz & OG Bosch / Waive Center Stanton & WR Jeune

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
fhsaha.jpg

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I hear you. I'm just frustrated by the lack of urgency and action from the FO to address some GLARING holes.

There were no glaring holes until Martin got hurt and Frederick got diagnosed. Both of those just happened recently. You can’t pull good OLinemen out of your ***.

Praxit

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – With thin depth on the offensive line entering the final week of preseason, the Cowboys signed free agent offensive tackle Matthew Diaz and guard Kyle Bosch to the 90-man roster.

To make room, the team waived wide receiver Ricky Jeune and center Dustin Stanton, who injured his knee in Sunday’s 27-3 preseason loss to the Cardinals.

Diaz went undrafted out of Wagner and originally went to training camp with the Titans. Bosch, an undrafted rookie out of West Virginia, was recently cut by the Panthers.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-sign-two-for-o-line-stanton-wr-waived?sf196429011=1
...you cant win, if you dont gamble. At least they know something stinks. ;)

DFWJC

Reaction score
I hear you. I'm just frustrated by the lack of urgency and action from the FO to address some GLARING holes.
Jerry wont hesitate to pull the trigger if McClay and Stephen think someone available is worth it.
And from what I've heard of McClay, he has pretty much every player on every roster ranked and in a database. They are looking for sure.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
There were no glaring holes until Martin got hurt and Frederick got diagnosed. Both of those just happened recently. You can’t pull good OLinemen out of your ***.
By the way, I’m talking about the other Martin (backup guard) and not Zack (who also has a minor injury).

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
These players are for the preseason game Thursday against the Texans. They will be cut right afterwards

I have no doubt that we'll make some claims/moves around final cutdowns for players we want to keep on the roster. Those type of players we're not going to pick up before a meaningless to give them playing time.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have no doubt that we'll make some claims/moves around final cutdowns for players we want to keep on the roster. Those type of players we're not going to pick up before a meaningless to give them playing time.

Exactly. No need to complain about these type of moves

Beaker42

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – With thin depth on the offensive line entering the final week of preseason, the Cowboys signed free agent offensive tackle Matthew Diaz and guard Kyle Bosch to the 90-man roster.

To make room, the team waived wide receiver Ricky Jeune and center Dustin Stanton, who injured his knee in Sunday’s 27-3 preseason loss to the Cardinals.

Diaz went undrafted out of Wagner and originally went to training camp with the Titans. Bosch, an undrafted rookie out of West Virginia, was recently cut by the Panthers.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-sign-two-for-o-line-stanton-wr-waived?sf196429011=1

If they don’t waive Green after PS then I’m gonna wave goodbye to this franchise. NO OTHER TEAM WOULD KEEP HIS SORRY ***.

Verdict

Reaction score
They found willing partners for Tavon Austin and Jihad Ward. I have to believe that there are some decent vet backups out there that we could trade for. We need to turn over every rock to find some help because this offense's success is predicated on a dominant OL.

Right now-- we do NOT have one viable backup outside of Looney. Fleming, Edwards, and Green have flat out sucked. We need some urgency from the FO...

Maybe. Or maybe we should be patient and not telegraph who we want. Maybe we will get lucky and not have to use a pick for a player.

We have guessed right quite a bit recently. Let's give them a little credit.

If you want to get a jump on things go ahead and get your pitchforks ready just in case we don't fix it after roster cutdowns, but let's hold off on using them until then.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
and where are these players coming from? Cowboys may be able to come up with a vet OL who is released but unless your are willing to give up picks or trade a good player chances are it will be guys who are released.

SMH at people on this board. Every player worth anything is currently on rosters. But people will whine and whine. They need bodies to get through Thursday’s game.

And if you didn’t know that you will properly also ask, why would someone sign just to get cut in a few days. Well I’ll help you understand that also. For the players that’s just camp bodies, well they want to get on tape so that other teams can get another look at them.