Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign P Bryan Anger

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Big change in philosophy from the Clapper. He would never dare bring in competition for Jones or Maher

Bigdog

Reaction score
Well this dismissed all those rumors we were trading up from 10 to Atlanta’s spot for a punter, lol.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don’t think Jones has had competition the previous few years before last

It's funny in a way. We brought in no competition for Jones the last couple of years even though there were clear signs of him going downhill. Niswander comes in and does a really good job ... and we bring in legitimate competition.

I'm in favor of competition at every spot. It's just still strange to me that Dallas would not do this with a declining punter.

Plankton

Reaction score
This is exactly how a team should handle special teams positions - make it a competition every year. Anger is a good signing. Too bad they didn't do something like this the two previous seasons.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How in the heck did you get 14 likes for that?

tenor.gif

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
46 yards plus on punts is a good average. Seems like that would be a step up from Jones or he wouldn't be getting signed. We'll see.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Anger does both punt and kickoffs. Average on kickoffs is 73 yards a kick and averages 46+ yards per punt. He's a vet and has been in NFL for sometime.

Could be a small signing but one that can have a dramatic impact on the special teams if he can be utilized on kickoffs and prevents returns.

Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.