Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign P Bryan Anger

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
As the 3. Still need a more productive 1 than Woods

Actually, we need a more productive 3. A half-sack between the two we used last year isn't going to cut it for that position.

Woods' position isn't about production. It's about being a blocker magnet, and we do need someone who can make the double-team have to stay with him longer in order for the linebackers to stay clean to run to the ball.

Carson

Reaction score
Actually, we need a more productive 3. A half-sack between the two we used last year isn't going to cut it for that position.

Woods' position isn't about production. It's about being a blocker magnet, and we do need someone who can make the double-team have to stay with him longer in order for the linebackers to stay clean to run to the ball.
Don’t disagree. But doubt they want to move on from Gallimore and Hill just yet.

I see 1 DT making the squad. They have Gallimore, Hill, Urban, Watkins, Woods.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Punter is important. When I see other teams having guys booming kicks inside the opposing teams 20 and then you have teams facing us starting at the 40 it makes a difference.

For years we disregarded punter. It can be huge if used correctly.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No need for us to worry about all of the other holes we have on the roster..let's sign a second punter..typical Cowboys fashion..starting dt, cbs, or lbs? No way..let's sign a backup OT instead
You think signing a punter affects other positions - as if it took so much time and energy they don't have time to consider anything else?

Every team has a 90 player training camp roster, and every team has to sign those players to a contract. It's not as if the Cowboys are the only ones doing this.

Last edited:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
You think signing a punter affects other positions - as if it took so much time and energy they don't have time to consider anything else?

Every team has a 90 player training camp roster, and every team has to sign those players to a contract. It's not as if the Cowboys are the only ones doing this.

If anything this frees us up to go BPA in the draft

gimmesix

Reaction score
Don’t disagree. But doubt they want to move on from Gallimore and Hill just yet.

I see 1 DT making the squad. They have Gallimore, Hill, Urban, Watkins, Woods.

It's possible since Hill was taken in the second two years ago and Gallimore in the third last year. However, I believe that this is a position in this defense that you just have to hit on and you need to keep trying until you get it right. A half-sack is not even close to the kind of production that is acceptable for that spot.

I hope we get a worthy 3-tech and 1-tech and let the spots sort themselves out. It may be that Hill shows no progress and we cut him. It may be that Woods' time is up. It may be that we determine that what we've got, including the potential, is worth more than keeping Watkins, even though we just signed him.

Barmore, Gallimore, McNeill, Woods and Urban would make me feel a whole lot better about the line. If we want to keep one more, it could be a battle for the spot between Hill and Watkins, with Hill having shown less in his two years in the league.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Punter is important. When I see other teams having guys booming kicks inside the opposing teams 20 and then you have teams facing us starting at the 40 it makes a difference.

For years we disregarded punter. It can be huge if used correctly.

Now, if we'll only take the same approach at kicker and bring in some legitimate competition for Zuerlein, who although he was near-perfect inside the 50 finished making 82.9 percent of his field goal attempts and is 33 years old (not ancient for a kicker, but closer to the end of his career than beginning going into his 10th year).

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
With the offensive players and coaches we have, we shouldn't need a punter, or so I've been told.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
***they best not give him Chris Jones #6 jjold jersey number, as he'd libel to whupp-up on that replacement punter if our x # 6 ever he gets within close proximity while out on a 3/4 tight bender*jj