Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Andy Dalton

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Aside from the money, this is a strong move that has virtually no negative repercussions other than making Prescott fans anxious.

If you look at this for what it really is and stop it with silly assumptions, it is an aggressive move for a backup and a possible trade chip next season before the trade deadline.

I don’t think Dalton would fetch much in a trade.

I think he holds more value as a very capable backup for a team that wants to make a playoff run than a late round pick. Just my opinion.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Awesome, the only thing that could make this better is for Dak to raise his asking price to $45 million a year !

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
What I find completely shocking is they signed him for 990K more than Cooper Rush (best case scenario). Even if has to balloon to 7M that is just insane value.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys need a solid backup but I see this move as more insurance in case things start to get real nasty between the Cowboys and Dak. If he’s not going to participate in this virtual offseason things could get ugly. With a new HC and system he’s not going to be prepared to play his best if he’s going to hold out.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He actually has had talent early in his career and was more successful than Dak when he did. There are a lot of ignorant trolls on here who didn't know anything about Dalton until this evening. Dalton could come in here and replace Dak and no one would ever talk about Dak again... sending an army of brainless Dak slobberers into a suicidal depression.
100% true.

This is the ultimate bargaining piece to counter Dak and his unreasonable contract expectations.

I do think Dak will eventually sign, but this move adds a bunch of intrigue for me. I know all the “insiders” say the Dalton signing doesn’t effect the Dak situation, but I think it easily could.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The FOOL is you as once Dak isn't producing do you really think big Mike is going to hesitate to call in Dalton?
Hurts I know Dak slobber but talent supersedes all!
Dak has never stopped producing. Maybe in 10 years when he's 36 he might start regressing but that's along ways away.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Does your fat wife love you, fat kid?

I’ll bet she KINDA does. She had standards once too, after all.

Maybe in another life you won’t be such a pear-shaped loser?
:thumbup:

I’m here for you if you need to talk. We all are.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
100% true.

This is the ultimate bargaining piece to counter Dak and his unreasonable contract expectations.

I do think Dak will eventually sign, but this move adds a bunch of intrigue for me. I know all the “insiders” say the Dalton signing doesn’t effect the Dak situation, but I think it easily could.
LOL

I know it makes people feel excited about the Prescott negotiations but is has very little to do with it.

stiletto

Reaction score
100% true.

At Worst case we got a pretty good new starter... Best case, we got the league's best Backup QB....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has never stopped producing. Maybe in 10 years when he's 36 he might start regressing but that's along ways away.

Ya Field goal after Field goal after 3 and outs....only teams ha can produce against is the Giants and Skins.....woof woof.
Oh and when the battle is lost its DAK GARBAGE TIME !!!
lol

Nav22

Reaction score
I’m here for you if you need to talk. We all are.
LOL Nah, I have a sweet life in the real world.

Avatar pic of a hot cheerleader on a message board. That’s fat kid beta male stuff. I can’t relate to people like you.