Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Andy Dalton

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
No I’m saying Lewis would’ve favored better with two superior quarterbacks.

Except that you already stated you believe that Lewis is a way better coach than JG which means you are saying JG is an excuse for Dak not doing better...c'mon if you think Lewis would have a better record with Dak as his QB you are in essentially saying JG is the reason Dak is not doing better, hence JG is an excuse for Dak not doing better

Cmac

Reaction score
At some time, the ride is over. Cincy went a different direction, it happens. In case you didn't notice NE let the GOAT walk as well as Tampa and Carolina and LAC.

Maybe he wanted to be close to home for a year then explore his options.

Doesn't matter if other teams were interested or not at this point.

On that note....I'd say great move for a Backup QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Except that you already stated you believe that Lewis is a way better coach than JG which means you are saying JG is an excuse for Dak not doing better...c'mon if you think Lewis would have a better record with Dak as his QB you are in essentially saying JG is the reason Dak is not doing better, hence JG is an excuse for Dak not doing better
He would’ve had a better record with Dak and Romo.....yes. Take from that whatever you will.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
He would’ve had a better record with Dak and Romo.....yes. Take from that whatever you will.

I did which i why i said you need to stop making excuses for Dak, and i differ with you Lewis may have had a better record with Romo as his QB and i say may have. But with Dak his record would have been even worse

johneric8

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Dak is not signed yet (and no guarantee he will sign) and until he does Dalton is not a backup he is our QB1 as of today.

Don't get mad at me for this. I got nothing to do with it, but it is..what it is.

Do you get where I'm coming from now?

Dak will be signed, Jerry and Stephen have already said so... Keep dreaming though boss!

Gaede

Reaction score
He posted the comparison for only one reason. You and I both know why. That’s why I didn’t bite.

I mean, it is obvious and should be stated. Dak is a far superior QB to Andy Dalton. Anyone thinking Dalton is superior to Dak is blind. Totally and completely. The point is that, if Dak is so bad, would you not also want a guy like Kap who has taken his team further than both Dak or Dalton? What makes Dalton a superior QB?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, it is obvious and should be stated. Dak is a far superior QB to Andy Dalton. Anyone thinking Dalton is superior to Dak is blind. Totally and completely. The point is that, if Dak is so bad, would you not also want a guy like Kap who has taken his team further than both Dak or Dalton? What makes Dalton a superior QB?

Dalton is not a top 10 QB but he's better than Dak which really isn't saying much as the ceiling is very low when it pertains to Dak's talent base!

woman-trying-to-stand-under-low-ceiling-in-room-lit-by-single-bulb-picture-id200477183-003

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What’s the difference between top 5 and highest paid?
Several million and possibly limiting us signing other players needed to surround and support.

The Cap has to be managed . We can’t afford to over pay everyone. You do understand the Cap implications?

The Salary Cap doesn’t allow teams to pay everyone what they want.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I knew Rush was going. White probably also. Or maybe move to the practice squad. Prescott Dalton Nitschke

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dalton is not a top 10 QB but he's better than Dak which really isn't saying much as the ceiling is very low when it pertains to Dak's talent base!

woman-trying-to-stand-under-low-ceiling-in-room-lit-by-single-bulb-picture-id200477183-003
No I know you have no valuation. Dalton throws nothing but floaters

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
LMAO at some of these fans in here. I've been following Dalton since he's been in the NFL. He's horrible! You might as well bring back the other "RED" in Jason Garrett. :facepalm:Come on Dallas fans!! We have to be smarter then this:laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm a huge Dak fan and I love this signing. blows that theory out the water.
Every Cowboy fan should love this signing . Only Dak fans wouldn’t like it. Unfortunately on these fan forums star players attract those fringe fans who aren’t necessarily Cowboy fans. We had the same issues with Romo.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
One of the most overlooked things on this thread?

Signing Dalton at $3M cap hit and cutting Rush means we upgraded from Rush to Dalton for only $900k since Rush was set to earn $2.1M.

Just incredibly good signing
I'm not even sure Dalton beats out Rush for the backup. There will be a competition you know...