Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Andy Dalton

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DAK IS NOT A TOP 5 QB THEREFORE MARKET DOESNT CONCERN HIM AS THE OTHER 28 QBS..I SAID THAT AND DIDNT STUDDER..BYE.. DAKS ON THE TAG JERRY AGREES..

No, Dak isn’t a top 5 QB, but market and whatever QB ranking you choose to go by are not the same thing. Markets don’t freeze until the best player negotiates a new contract. Market is supply and demand, not a Sports Illustrated poll.

The caps don’t make your argument stronger, by the way. They actually suggest emotion rather than reason.

CWR

Reaction score
Dak has stated in the past that he's relying strictly upon his agent to do what's best. Evidently, his agent is the one demanding a shorter contract. The Cowboys FO is intent upon signing him and has said this all along. What's obviously holding things up is his agent's stubborn refusal to accept an already generous contract offer with the notion of demanding yet another one a year or two sooner.

Players take that stance with a degree of truth, however we all know Dak is in control. I would think his agent receives offers, and relays the reasonable ones to his client. Im sure the meetings are prefaced with "we can get more." Ultimately Dak may have to tell his agent this deal is good enough.

Jipper

Reaction score
If your a Dak fan you hate signing Dalton. If your a cowboy fan you love this move.

i dont agree at all with that....I am a Dak fan and i love the Dalton signing. Honestly, i don't think Dalton coming in has any impact at all on Dak other than giving the cowboys an awesome insurance policy. This was an incredible and unexpected move, might actually turn out to be the best move of the offseason

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Most fans believe Dak should be paid. And handsomely like top 5 in the league. So don’t lump us all in together.

If you believe Dak deserves to be the highest paid QB in the league at this time then I’d argue you are in the minority of Cowboy fans.
What’s the difference between top 5 and highest paid?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Even if that is what you meant you can't say you mean one without implying the other..it doesn't work that way. By saying Lewis would have had a better record with Romo or Dak as his QB you are also saying that JG held back Romo and Dak, but i will take you at your word
No I’m saying Lewis would’ve favored better with two superior quarterbacks.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Then I must ask....why didn't Cincy continue to ride with Andy, and simply make Chase Young the #1 pick in the NFL Draft?
Andy was only going to cost $17M

Why did Andy settle for low cost/1 yr deal, so fast?

Were there other teams vying for his services?

At some time, the ride is over. Cincy went a different direction, it happens. In case you didn't notice NE let the GOAT walk as well as Tampa and Carolina and LAC.

Maybe he wanted to be close to home for a year then explore his options.

Doesn't matter if other teams were interested or not at this point.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
This a great move by the FO. He has lots of vet experience as a QB. Now, maybe this move will make Prescott get off his high horse and realize the Dallas Cowboys world does not revolve around him. Now, I know Dak's worshipers would tell you that even if the Cowboys were to have signed Brady, they would still say that it's still Dak's job. Oh, IMO, Dalton is a goofy looking dude in my eyes, but he is very accurate and smart, so I hope MM will actually let the competition fall in the right place during training camp instead of just letting Dak have his cake and eat it too.