Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Andy Dalton

Silverstar

Reaction score
So in your opinion Rush, Thorson and DiNucci would make good backups if Dak was injured. :rolleyes:

My opinion doesn't matter, the fact is they rolled with Rush and Thorson as the backups last year and were happy with it.

Do I really have to explain this further?

You guys just don't wanna accept the fact, that until Dak signs something (which might not even happen) Dalton is our QB1 as of today.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Even if Dak does sign his tag, there's no guarantee he even plays for the Cowboys again because he still might be traded to the Jags, Pats, Bears or whoever.

The only guarantee is that Dalton is here on a 1 year deal now and his home is already in Dallas.

He's not going anywhere...at least not this year.

plasticman

Reaction score
So, you would prefer a completely unproven rookie that every team passed on in the draft to be the guy counted on to carry the load than a veteran who has proven he can play at a high level in the NFL.

Damn, I wish Philly had felt that way in 2017.
Roger Staubach proved he could play at a high level. What does that have to do with his capability today?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
My opinion doesn't matter, the fact is they rolled with Rush and Thorson as the backups last year and were happy with it.

Do I really have to explain this further?

You guys just don't wanna accept the fact, that until Dak signs something (which might not even happen) Dalton is our QB1 as of today.

And you don't wanna accept the fact that they're not going to let Dak go. :laugh:
But if Dak doesn't sign, at least you'd still have your favorite backups Rush and Thorson! LOL *SMH*

Silverstar

Reaction score
And you don't wanna accept the fact that they're not going to let Dak go. :laugh:
But if Dak doesn't sign, at least you'd still have your favorite backups Rush and Thorson! LOL *SMH*

"But if Dak doesn't sign"...hmmm what's this??

Lol! :rolleyes:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Even if Dak does sign his tag, there's no guarantee he even plays for the Cowboys again because he still might be traded to the Jags, Pats, Bears or whoever.

The only guarantee is that Dalton is here on a 1 year deal now and his home is already in Dallas.

So your plan A is Dak doesn't sign his tag, but your plan B is if he signs the tag they will still trade him? :laugh:
What's your plan C if he signs the tag and they don't trade him? Surely you haven't ran out of plans?:D

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
32 is washed up for an NFL QB?

Tannyhill led the Titans to the AFC Title game and just signed a $100 million dollar contract extension...……….he is 31...…..Dalton is 32

I'm going by a criteria a little more significant than age.

When you combine the last two seasons and rank all quarterbacks, Tannehil is the 4th leasing passer, only Brees, Wilson, and Mahaomes has a higher rating.

Dalton? You'll find him on page 2.

plasticman

Reaction score
Andy Dalton is 32. That qualifies as being on his last legs?
Well, no, he qualifies based on the beating he took as the starter of the worst team while experiencing his worse season.

I also considered his steady four year decline in productivity since his last winning season.

I also evaluated his durability based on missing 25% of his games over the past two seasons.

.....then I looked at his age.

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cincy players you've mentioned, while good, aren't as good as Zeke, Amari, Gallup, et al. And don't forget the Cowboys OL. Dalton got sacked 37 times in 2019.
Dalton was a statue in 2019....when he was healthy enough to play.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Dalton was a statue in 2019....when he was healthy enough to play.

So this is what you consider Andy Dalton to be right?

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTNybczJDjcES1NtNZh1hUgrUcE0C6AUKtj_nqQgEQPqXARQ_9-&usqp=CAU

elderly-disability-11.jpg

Maybe you think he is the next Drew Bedsoe!

large960_blur-21284f25f43da30996e3e4364f534259.jpg

Dangit! I thought we were getting a deal!

tenor.gif

Shoot!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

None of the above teams would want Prescott at QB.
Trade value-wise he's worth pretty much a 3 rd rounder and if that with the $ he wants.
Dak's fate will be at best what Winstons ended up to be!

LittleD

Reaction score
None of the above teams would want Prescott at QB.
Trade value-wise he's worth pretty much a 3 rd rounder and if that with the $ he wants.
Dak's fate will be at best what Winstons ended up to be!

Right...Time to rescind the tag and let Dak fend for himself. We will have a just as good QB to lead the offense this year and better coaching. No team is going to beat
the Chiefs in the SB for awhile anyway.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
That doesn't have any bearing upon their contractual obligations with Dak any more than what his agent's organization is worth.
Read my original point. I get it that you are trying to win but what you are talking about has nothing to do with what I originally said.

Silverstar

Reaction score
So your plan A is Dak doesn't sign his tag, but your plan B is if he signs the tag they will still trade him? :laugh:
What's your plan C if he signs the tag and they don't trade him? Surely you haven't ran out of plans?:D

What's this about plans...you mean scenarios? :rolleyes:

You realize that Dak has to sign his franchise tag to be traded right?

The joke is on you.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Right...Time to rescind the tag and let Dak fend for himself. We will have a just as good QB to lead the offense this year and better coaching. No team is going to beat
the Chiefs in the SB for awhile anyway.
Dalton is in no way shape or form the same qb as Dak. His play the past 4 years has fallen off of a cliff.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Apparently, MM liked Rush enough to sign off on his tender of 2.1M.
Drafting DiNucci means he's not going anywhere anytime soon.
I don't know about Thorson, but somebody last year liked him enough to be here maybe it's KM.

MM isn’t the GM.

also, Stephen and WillM run player personnel.