Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign RB Darius Jackson

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he managed over 9 ypc. Austin is a superior athlete and his 200 career receptions means he is more dynamic as well.

it seems you guys do not understand what the point of a counter is. If they decide to pay attention to Austin then you open up Zeke. If they decide to take away Zeke it opens up Austin. Two two concepts are mutually exclusive because you cannot take away both.

The other thing is I expect they will use Austin to do more things than they used Lucky for. Austin will (or at least should) actually catch more than a token pass or make a token run once in a blue moon. I expect defenses will have to take him a little more serious than they did Lucky. I think Austin will sometimes line up in the backfield, or out wide or in the slot - maybe a little like Dunbar a few years ago before he got injured.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
we need free saftety's and 1-tech not more RB's

These are not mutually exclusive needs. Certainly not with the roster at 90.

Darius was a guy we kept on the 53 for the majority of a year. Barring other injuries, I expect that he's PS bound. Good chance Bo is too. They are not going to keep a quality FS or NT off the 53 unless we happen on a bushel of them under a tree somewhere.

We're actually looking deep at DE, LB, and CB. At oline, QB, RB, WR. And we have significant cap left to spend this year.

They've already shown they wanted McClain, and were sniffing around ET. They're shopping, but the pickings are slim this time of year. You're likely in for a wait, but I bet they bring in a cap casualty for one or the other. Maybe both.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nah they will justify it was worth it since the FO threw away 6th for a guy that has been average in the NFL unless you count a handful of ESPN highlights.

I have no problems bringing in Austin for what they did.

My issue is people acting like this guy is somehow a game changing type player. He's yet to show that in his time here in the NFL so I am not sure why people suddenly are acting like he's an offense altering type player at this point.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
The main thing that Austin will do is make the LB's and Cb's THINK instead of just reacting. If they hesitate for just a second then it translates to more yards for Zeke and possibly a big play. So then, they have to think about that. It eventually helps everyone on offense because you are forcing them to read then react.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The Browns did not want him. I wanted to interject that into the discussion. Again if necessary.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I have no problems bringing in Austin for what they did.

My issue is people acting like this guy is somehow a game changing type player. He's yet to show that in his time here in the NFL so I am not sure why people suddenly are acting like he's an offense altering type player at this point.
Because they think this coaching staff actually knows how to use people. When in reality all this coaching staff and FO only knows how to let talent die on the vine.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The main thing that Austin will do is make the LB's and Cb's THINK instead of just reacting. If they hesitate for just a second then it translates to more yards for Zeke and possibly a big play. So then, they have to think about that. It eventually helps everyone on offense because you are forcing them to read then react.

Yes, Austin can have value even if he does not rack up big stats. The speed threat changes how defenses play.