Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign RB Darius Jackson

jrumann59

Reaction score
The fastest of the group?
Because his speed has served him so well up to this point in his career. If it wasn't for dunbar getting hurt he probably does not see the field for the Rams last year. He just makes the offense even more predictable. Opposing DC, "Hmm they just put Austin in, Hey MLB Watch for the run to zeke and the screen to Austin or a jet sweep to Austin."

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're adding things I never said into your "argument". I responded to "no way Beasley gets cut" by giving reasons why he could get cut. Somehow you made up all kinds of things I never said. You proved my point about all these receivers that none are just way much better. Hurns is the best receiver on the team right now. Gallup isn't going anywhere and why you tried to say him and Wilson don't have 1000 yards either is silly as both are rookies...... They're both more talented then Beasley and have way much more potential as well. Let's be honest Austin and Thompson aren't here for the long run but they bring speed, a trait Beasley also doesnt have.

I get it though, Beasley is a fan favorite and all his lovers come to fight for his honor anytime someone says he is just a guy and nothing special........ Which is a fact. He can only play slot, doesn't play special teams among other things some I have already said. So I will leave you with this, you can continue to hype up Beasley as something special and defend his honor until you're blue in the face but the facts will always remain that he isn't a special player and a rookie can produce what Beasley gives us.

You can deny all you want, but your reasons for cutting him and keeping others were that he is an aging receiver who had a down year last season and has never had a 1,000 yard season. And the fact is Beasley is no older than those players, and has been more productive than those players, so those arguments do not hold up.

Hell, Deonte Thompson only has 1,032 yards in a 6 year career, yet you are putting him above Beasley in part because Beasley hasn't had a 1,000 season.

Here is another stat to consider. Over his career Beasley has had a 70% completion %, while Austin has been at 59% and Thompson at 57%.

And lets not forget that Beasley has already proven he can work effectively in the Cowboys system, whereas Austin and Thompson have been in the league as long and have never settled into a role with any team.

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You can deny all you want, but your reasons for cutting him and keeping others were that he is an aging receiver who had a down year last season and has never had a 1,000 yard season. And the fact is Beasley is no older than those players, and has been more productive than those players, so those arguments do not hold up.

Hell, Deonte Thompson only has 1,032 yards in a 6 year career, yet you are putting him above Beasley in part because Beasley hasn't had a 1,000 season.

Here is another stat to consider. Over his career Beasley has had a 70% completion %, while Austin has been at 59% and Thompson at 57%.

And lets not forget that Beasley has already proven he can work effectively in the Cowboys system, whereas Austin and Thompson have been in the league as long and have never settled into a role with any team.
I never said that's why I cut Beasley and kept the others. Do you not know how to read. I responded to Beasley isn't getting cut and gave some reasons. Can't debate with someone that either can't comprehend or doesn't want too so good day to you

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think perhaps Jackson could be a safety net in case Tavon doesn't make the grade. At least, the staff is seemingly trying to cover all the bases. It really appears to me that we're being the most aggressive this year since the long lost days of Jimmie Johnson. At least the FO is finally being pro-active for a change. I like it. Keep that turnstile turning! :)

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said that's why I cut Beasley and kept the others. Do you not know how to read. I responded to Beasley isn't getting cut and gave some reasons. Can't debate with someone that either can't comprehend or doesn't want too so good day to you

lol - this is turning hilarious. So, you randomly decided you would cut Beasley without a reason, but named reasons anyway that you say have nothing to do with why you would cut Besley?

Huh?

Planning to run for office and working on your political double talk?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
One of the main problems is some don't comprehend words completely before responding. Not only do we have players with this issue but fans as well.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the main problems is some don't comprehend words completely before responding. Not only do we have players with this issue but fans as well.

lol - yeah, well, it's pretty hard to comprehend words that don't make sense, like the following:

A. I would cut Beasley
B. Here are the reasons to cut Beasley
C. The reasons to cut Beasley have nothing to do with why I would cut Beasley.

Of course, even if one were to accept this baffling train of thought, it still doesn't change the fact that the reasons you gave for cutting Beasley don't make sense in light of who the alternatives are. You are acting as if the decision to cut Beasley would be a stand alone decision, independent of the alternatives at the position, and that's ridiculous. The decision on who to keep and who to cut is based on how the candidates stack up against each other, so it's ridiculous to say Beasley should be a candidate to be cut for not reaching certain standards of your choosing when the alternatives are further, and in some cases much further, from those standards than Beasley is

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Because his speed has served him so well up to this point in his career. If it wasn't for dunbar getting hurt he probably does not see the field for the Rams last year. He just makes the offense even more predictable. Opposing DC, "Hmm they just put Austin in, Hey MLB Watch for the run to zeke and the screen to Austin or a jet sweep to Austin."

let's assume that you're right and that is all teams have to worry about. So exactly how does a defense deal with that: a jet sweep by elite speed one way or a run by one of the elite runners in the NFL up the middle or the other way?

Teams know what was coming wehn Whitehead was in there and they struggled to stop big plays. Austin is more dynamic than Lucky.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
let's assume that you're right and that is all teams have to worry about. So exactly how does a defense deal with that: a jet sweep by elite speed one way or a run by one of the elite runners in the NFL up the middle or the other way?

Teams know what was coming wehn Whitehead was in there and they struggled to stop big plays. Austin is more dynamic than Lucky.

I don't think that had anything to do with Lucky. He only handled the ball 29 total times as either a receiver or runner in his 2 years in Dallas. I think teams mostly just ignored him.

Sydla

Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion there are going to be quite a few fans disappointed with Austin this year.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I actually like him over Bo, way more versatility and a better special teams player.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion there are going to be quite a few fans disappointed with Austin this year.
Nah they will justify it was worth it since the FO threw away 6th for a guy that has been average in the NFL unless you count a handful of ESPN highlights.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't think that had anything to do with Lucky. He only handled the ball 29 total times as either a receiver or runner in his 2 years in Dallas. I think teams mostly just ignored him.

And he managed over 9 ypc. Austin is a superior athlete and his 200 career receptions means he is more dynamic as well.

it seems you guys do not understand what the point of a counter is. If they decide to pay attention to Austin then you open up Zeke. If they decide to take away Zeke it opens up Austin. Two two concepts are mutually exclusive because you cannot take away both.