Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Richard Mullaney WR Alabama

Carson

Reaction score
Good size and frame. Probably just taking reps for Chris Brown for a few weeks.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
zirGbSO.gif

Plankton

Reaction score
What, so because he is white and not very good, he is Kris Durham? Explain.

Taller wide receiver who has deceptive quickness and ability to separate. Do I think he will stick? Probably not. Does he have some skills that can translate at the NFL level? Yes.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Taller wide receiver who has deceptive quickness and ability to separate. Do I think he will stick? Probably not. Does he have some skills that can translate at the NFL level? Yes.
He is three inches shorter than Kris Durham. I think he was signed because he came from Saban's program more than any other reason.

Plankton

Reaction score
He is three inches shorter than Kris Durham. I think he was signed because he came from Saban's program more than any other reason.

Mullaney is 6'3" - like I said, a taller wide receiver that is a lot like Kris Durham in terms of playing style. Neither guy is a burner, but both can get on top of corners with their long strides. Mullaney averaged almost 14 yards a catch at Oregon State.

I do think that a reference from Saban helped him being signed.

Carson

Reaction score
Anybody with the nickname Slottie Pippen is fine with me!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
After the Cowboys lost a rookie receiver due to injury, the team added yet another rookie, signing former Alabama standout Richard Mullaney.

He initially signed with the Texas as an undrafted free agent, Mullaney caught 38 passes for 390 yards and five touchdowns to help the Crimson Tide in last year’s national championship season. Before Alabama, he played three seasons at Oregon State.

Mullaney spent the offseason with Houston but was waived by the team on the first week of training camp.

The Cowboys lost rookie Chris Brown to a broken foot injury that should keep him out 6-8 weeks. The team could decide to move Brown to IR or place him on the waived/injury list with an injury settlement.

- Nick Eatman