Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Stephen Paea

mugsybows

Reaction score
th

:laugh:
lol guess i miss out on things with ignore feature.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Thornton is the only player with experience at the 1 on the roster. Something is better than nothing.

Maybe that's how they are looking at it. I see Thornton as a two-down/run-down player, so I feel less need to add another "true" 1, especially one who is more of a pass rusher. We have Collins, Crawford and Irving to play inside on passing downs. I don't think I'd rather have Paea out there then than one of them.

Maybe he's going to share some of the first- and second-down duties with Thornton, but he's worse-suited for that role than Thornton. I get that we need depth, but this seems like unnecessary depth. Other positions truly need it.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Paea was highly thought of in Marinelli's scheme. Then the Bears switched to a 3-4 and then he signed with the skins also 3-4 and last year Cleveland 3-4 too. He isn't a 3-4 end.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I do believe this is a good signing, hopefully he can run fast off the field so we don't constantly get caught with 12 men on the field.

Rod, just keep em on the field for the series during hurry up.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
I like it. This could be good. This the guy that holds the all time record for most bench presses in the combine right? Great to see him succeed in a 4-3 role.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
How is this dude - 2nd round pick, 49 bench lifts pre-draft (knew I recognized the name from somewhere) - don't think I've heard about him since.

Carson

Reaction score
How is this dude - 2nd round pick, 49 bench lifts pre-draft (knew I recognized the name from somewhere) - don't think I've heard about him since.

Was decent in Chicago under the 4-3. Went into the 3-4 and was pretty bad.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bet they wanted to sign this guy later in free agency, but they just couldn't hold it.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Was decent in Chicago under the 4-3. Went into the 3-4 and was pretty bad.
Interesting. The deal can't really hurt much.. Would've liked to see us have made this a 2 year deal, or at least have had an option to extend him a year. Seems like the sort of guy that can break out in the right system based on everything I've read since we signed him.

acer941

Reaction score
And I yet have no confidence in you as a poster....

I felt that one in my chest... stung a little bit.

So you just have titanium unwavering confidence and emotions in this team at all times? Never phased by anything the team does, even if they go sign Jamarcus Russel right now off his couch?

Reactions: BAT

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I felt that one in my chest... stung a little bit.

So you just have titanium unwavering confidence and emotions in this team at all times? Never phased by anything the team does, even if they go sign Jamarcus Russel right now off his couch?

Wow, so you came up with that out of nowhere from my post....I don't have to tell you that you are wrong, that I don't don't think that at all...but I'll tell you that anyway....

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
This guy fits exactly what Marinelli wants in a 1 tech. Dude eats blockers allowing Sean Lee & co to run free.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I remember him coming out of a college as a pass rushing DT.