Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Stephen Paea

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He ain't gonna be playing every down... A passing down guy.
"the Cowboys hope Paea can help be a run stopper." :flagwave:

The Cowboys have agreed to a deal with defensive tackle Stephen Paea, according to a source. The seven-year veteran played for defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli with the Chicago Bears and started 12 games for the Cleveland Browns in 2016. With the loss of Terrell McClain to the Washington Commanders, the Cowboys hope Paea can help be a run stopper.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I definitely haven't gotten a warm and fuzzy feeling yet. And no I'm not going to pee in my pants (no pun intended). I do have a bottle of unopened Wild Turkey from several years ago somewhere.

Don't get your hopes up if that's what you're looking for this offseason.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys have agreed to a deal with defensive tackle Stephen Paea, according to a source. The seven-year veteran played for defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli with the Chicago Bears and started 12 games for the Cleveland Browns in 2016. With the loss of Terrell McClain to the Washington Commanders, the Cowboys hope Paea can help be a run stopper.

I question the source of the quote about the "run stopper"...

Pants

Reaction score
solid depth signing, SHOCKED that they finally looked at the defensive side of the ball....wasn't sure they realized that there is one of those

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
FWIW PFF graded him out as substantially higher than McClain last season

Rated a LOT higher actually. Rated higher than Poe too... IMO-- his familiarity with Rod is a big positive and if we add some speed at DE, this will end up being a very solid signing for us.

Moore and Carroll I am not so excited about... and we kept the status quo with Williams and Butler :(

Reactions: BAT

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Glad you can think for me and know it all Fuzzy Wuzzy Lumpkins.

Actually, he's making an educated evaluation based upon your own words and thoughts that you vomit onto the Zone far too often.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Good low cost move. Just depth. Doesn't alter draft plans or needs.
Part of plan to move money to the DE spot.

Carson

Reaction score
Rated a LOT higher actually. Rated higher than Poe too... IMO-- his familiarity with Rod is a big positive and if we add some speed at DE, this will end up being a very solid signing for us.

Moore and Carroll I am not so excited about... and we kept the status quo with Williams and Butler :(

They are good pickups because it takes the handcuffs off for some depth.

Look at it this way ..

Paea takes over for McClain and rotates with Thornton.

Moore takes the reps from Crawford.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

In fairness, Mike never looks at the line of scrimmage. He's too busy gazing lovingly at the secondary.

negativecreep

Reaction score
I definitely haven't gotten a warm and fuzzy feeling yet. And no I'm not going to pee in my pants (no pun intended). I do have a bottle of unopened Wild Turkey from several years ago somewhere.
Wild Turkey might make you feel warm and fuzzy about it, worked for me... for a few hours. I don't know what we are getting with him, but I do have faith in our scouting department for the first time since I've been a fan(1994). Fingers crossed on this one..