Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign TE McElroy

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
So, so clever.

We are next level with everything except playoff advancement.

Next. Level.

You guys notice how many former guys we have playing in the Alliance? That's the Will McClay effect. Sign a bunch of nobodies and hope like heck one of them sticks.

snapper

Reaction score
Stephen Jones once again digging around in the trash pile:facepalm:

Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfeld-Quote.gif

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
With Witten and now McElroy in 12 personnel good luck. In Kellen Moore’s system this is going to change the NFL landscape.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This is a troll job, straight from cigar smoke filled offices of Jerry and Stephen Jones. Well done....

Hardline

Reaction score
Maybe this move was to fool the league we are moving up to draft Hockenson :(

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
from this article...

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...codey-mcelroy-college-high-school-mlb-braves/

"Rams undrafted rookie Codey McElroy doesn’t have the same story, but he never played a down of football in high school. Instead, he was a baseball player, and a fairly good one. part of the reason he didn’t play football is, well, because he couldn’t."

“Coming out of high school, I was a baseball player. In high school, we didn’t have football. I graduated with 18 kids, so we played baseball and basketball,” he said.

McElroy was a talented baseball player despite only graduating with 18 students, going on to play in junior college for a year. After that, he played a year of baseball at the University of Texas.

In 2014, he was drafted by the Atlanta Braves in the 19th round out of Cameron University – a Division II school in his home state of Oklahoma. He spent nearly two years in the minor league system. At Single-A, he hit just .184 with two home runs and 12 RBI in 45 games.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can't make this stuff up...Cowboys are in league of their own.

I’m wondering how fans think other teams get to the 90 man traing camp roster without ever signing anyone like this. Are we under the impression other teams show up to trying camp and the 90 guys just start crawling out of the walls and holes in the ground?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I’m wondering how fans think other teams get to the 90 man traing camp roster without ever signing anyone like this. Are we under the impression other teams show up to trying camp and the 90 guys just start crawling out of the walls and holes in the ground?

I'm wondering how many fans think teams sign camp bodies in the first week of free agency?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm wondering how many fans think teams sign camp bodies in the first week of free agency?

What difference does it make. Teams sign and release inconsequential players all the time, even during the season with the practice squad. This isn’t unique to the Cowboys.