Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign Vet CB Holton Hill to Practice Squad

Zordon

Reaction score
Thought Hill was going to be special coming out of HS/College. Never should have went to Texas. (I say this as an alum)

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Another byproduct of the Texas Longhorns country club system. Hopefully we have enough support systems to get him on track.

conner01

Reaction score
Yep. 3 seasons and 1 pick.
He avg about 14 snap a game over 3 years so not a bunch of playing time
I don’t know what the off field stuff was but that seems to be the issue
The question is are those issues behind him?
If so as a PS player he’s well worth the minimal risk of a PS roster spot
He did have 7 PD his rookie year so he has some raw skills if he’s ready to play football and can motivate himself to dedicate to it

speedkilz88

Reaction score
What was the issues
If you know
He had issues at Texas but don't know details.

With vikings:

On April 5, 2019, Hill was suspended the first four games of the 2019 season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.[12] He was suspended an additional four games again for violating the NFL policy on substances of abuse.[13] He was reinstated from suspension on October 25, 2019, and activated on November 2, 2019.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holton_Hill

glimmerman

Reaction score
He avg about 14 snap a game over 3 years so not a bunch of playing time
I don’t know what the off field stuff was but that seems to be the issue
The question is are those issues behind him?
If so as a PS player he’s well worth the minimal risk of a PS roster spot
He did have 7 PD his rookie year so he has some raw skills if he’s ready to play football and can motivate himself to dedicate to it
Yeah well he is A Cowboy now. I hope the culture here has changed. Otherwise this isn’t the team to work on off field issues.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
saw this in my Facebook feed, they made it look like some huge signing for a new starter lol

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah well he is A Cowboy now. I hope the culture here has changed. Otherwise this isn’t the team to work on off field issues.
I don’t know what the off field stuff was
Sometimes these things are just immature idiotic crap then sometimes it’s more serious are drug related
I see the potential to play in this league but lots of kids come out of college with potential
Can he move on from previous off field crap? Does he has the motivation, heart and desire to be a player?
Those are concerns but the risk of a PS roster spot is pretty minimal