Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Devin Smith

lukin2006

Reaction score
This is why Jerry built a sports medicine center.

This guy fits the bill for a medical comp pick churn. Out of the league injured last year means a zero baseline for what we've picked up against our comp picks. If he leaves recovered and a viable NFL player, we get a comp pick for him.

If he works out for us, all the better.

Did Jerry really build a sports medicine center?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Are the people saying he can stretch the field just completely ignoring the effect two torn ACLs will have on his explosion? He's not gonna be the same player.

and then he doesn't make the team. Very little risk with a futures contract signing.

However, if he is healthy and can contribute, you just stole a player.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yes, tore the same ACL twice, but kid showed his talent as a Buckeye, collegiate athlete not only football but track star there as well.

You don't say? (I'm an Ohio State alum) ;)

stinkface

Reaction score
If ifs and butts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas. PS. We will know before training camp if there is any there there.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I doubt he makes it that far. He will be just one of many plays that will be long shots in camp, but a long shot is better than no shot.
He'll pile up in another wreck,,,more than likelyo_O

GMO415

Reaction score
Another sick, lame, lazy player. When are we going to stop this trend?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've always been a fan of reclamation projects, especially when they cost so little in terms of salary or knocks to the team's reputation like in this case. If he recovers and is close to the player he once was? It's a home run. If not, it's a minor offseason transaction.

Everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Name: Devin Smith
College:
Ohio State Number: 9
Height: 6-0 Weight: 196
Position: WR Pos2:
Class/Draft Year:
Sr/2015
40 Low: 4.27 40 Time: 4.37 40 High: 4.48
Projected Round: 2 Stock:
same.gif
High: 2nd Low: 3rd
Rated number 9 out of 351 WR's 46 / 2301 TOTAL
Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite:
Yes
Height:
Weight: 196
40 Yrd Dash: 4.42
20 Yrd Dash: 2.59
10 Yrd Dash: 1.56 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 10
Vertical Jump: 39
Broad Jump: 10'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.15
3-Cone Drill:
No 3 Cone-Hamstring

Dates: 03/13/15
Height:
Weight: 196
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

His speed and agility is comparable to Cooper (he is not the package Cooper is at 6-0-210). He is injury prone on the voodoo doll level.

He played very well with Cordelle Jones at QB for the OSU championship run. Will play physical which is necessary for the slot WR. One profile said:

He was a baller at OSU.
If he's that injury prone, maybe slot receiver isn't the best place for him.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Worth the signing. If he is healthy then you have your cheap replacement for Austin and Beasley. A younger maybe even better version. We have the off season and training camp to see. I wouldn't mind Beasley or Austin back it just comes down to money and I think both are going to get offers we will not want to match. Our WR corp next year is better than most with Cooper, Gallup, Brown, Wilson, Hurns and Lenoir currently. Many don't like Hurns but the staff and front office does from a team point and the willingness to get the tough catch at the right time. Adding Smith could make for a really good corp.