Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Thompson

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This isn't the signing that's going to move Cowboys fans.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure how someone could complain about this deal, but I'm sure a lot will. More yds than Beasley

They will complain because they think of free agency only as an opportunity to sign a big impact guy and don't recognize that is also an opportunity to fill all manner of roles on the roster.

mugsybows

Reaction score
I would rather they just stop it with the nickel and dime two million here and there. It is a waste of time and money.
i almost think they think this'll excite the fans. i really feel like they feel they can stick anyone in a cowboys jersey and fans will get excited.

Carson

Reaction score
I like the move.

But seems to be par the course of another crappy offseason of free agent signings

Those who didn’t want Hurns here you go

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Per Sportrac:
Deonte Thompson signed a 1 year, $2,500,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $1,000,000 signing bonus, $1,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,500,000. In 2018, Thompson will earn a base salary of $1,500,000 and a signing bonus of $1,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $2,500,000 and a dead cap value of $1,000,000.

2.5 mil cap hit? we're gonna need to do some restructuring to get under the cap right?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Eh, he is a speed receiver....faster than anyone we have by a fair amount, so maybe he can occasionally get open deep and give guys more room underneath.
I like the POTENTIAL...and he is a speed burner,and young. I wont poo poo it just yet. I want to give the kid a chance. He may be a special teams guy too. Hurns would have been nice.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
This move makes no sense, why sign a 30 yr old receiver with no upside, who hasn’t done **** in the NFL? :huh:
Because not everyone on your roster is a pro-bowler? Because we lost an equal reciewver in Butler and need to replace him on the roster and for teams?

I really don't get the fixation on the WR position in this fanbase. As if drafting Ridley would suddenly have Dak throwing 38 times a game. As if we'd want Dak throwing that often given the construction of our offense.

People always gave Jerry a hard time for wanting flash in the draft and FA. But really he was just feeding this fanbase's desire for flash. It's so evident people want to be the greatest show on turf. Defense be darned.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hurns would have given us a well rounded crafty WR that we simply don't have. Its a shame really.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thompson will be viewed as a weapon for Dak..but what he is really is a special teams guy that will occasionally play on offense..ie like Noah Brown.