Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Thompson

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they sign Hurns too I'm at a loss for what they're doing.

They probably are too.

Yes it is weird.

Do they think they will get these two guys and Cut dez anyway with the hopes of drafting yet another WR?

Seems bizarre but maybe they are throwing numbers at the position hoping one or two can make up for Dez's production or lack of production.

Maybe they hope that one can be an Alvin Harper to stretch the field on occasion while sticking to the run game.

Just bizarre to bring in two so so players.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thompsons age DOES concern me...makes me wonder what the short term plan is this year. Like his speed and so forth,but whats the plan?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Anyone actually ever watched Deonte Thompson play or even knew who he was before the Cowboys interest?

So many moaners and groaners around here,, just check the player out before immediately judging as garbage.

Super Star.

Maybe his career has been basically ruined because of the Bears and the Bills.

Hes in Dallas now with highly accurate Dak to turn this 29 yr old career stunted wr into starter status.

DT will push TW, Butler, Beasley, or Noah off the roster,, that I know, and I'm not joking about that.

superonyx

Reaction score
If they sign Hurns,thats the end of the road for one of the WR's on the roster. Which may mean Dez is gone...don't rule that out. I would be a bit puzzled as well.
If our front office replaced Dez with Hurns then we are saying we are comfortable with last place in the division. Stop it!!!

Hurns isn’t a replacement for Dez....get used to it.

garyv

Reaction score
LOL maybe their tanking 2018 and will come out like Gang Busters in 2019

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thompson has my vote..I bleed blue since 1973..but this story is still being written.I cant help but wonder whats going to happen with Dez,TWill...and if we sign Hurns. Todd Archer seems to think we are STILL wanting Hurns...so that's weird.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
At least Robinson was 26 when he signed and had two seasons of 30+ catches.

This player is 29 years old and has total 77 total receptions on his six year career.

Or you can look at it like he had his best year with 38 catches last year. It really a ho hum signing, but in concept it at least makes a little sense. We need a speed receiver and he can fly. He also does double duty as a kick returner.

The problem is that we are paying 2.5m for a guy that probably should have been available for the same kind of money Brice Butler was a year ago. We paid Butler 1.1.m.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Thompson has my vote..I bleed blue since 1973..but this story is still being written.I cant help but wonder whats going to happen with Dez,TWill...and if we sign Hurns. Todd Archer seems to think we are STILL wanting Hurns...so that's weird.
No chance we sign both.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is draft protection.
He's your 4th WR.
If a rookie beats him out he gets cut.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We are lighting it up here folks....

Those 3 players we got are decent foundational players...I got no problem with these signings. My issue is our starting group. Witten is a dinosaur,Dez is on the down hill slide,TWILL is up and down..and the safety/LB positions are void of elite talent until proven otherwise.We have the whole LG issue which with Cooper gone,is a BIG problem and need.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Probably more of a special teamer than a guy that will be a big contributor on offense. Has been a decent kick returner the last couple years and the position flex is likely why the Cowboys were interested in him as a 5th or 6th receiver. The bad part about this signing is we're paying 2.5 million for a spot that should have been filled with a rookie for far less and likely similar offensive production. Guaranting him 1.5 million as a bonus is a lot for a player likely on the roster bubble which makes zero sense.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
If they sign Hurns too I'm at a loss for what they're doing.

They probably are too.

They are running an NFL team, sport.

Not shocking you have no understanding.

I think they are trying to move Dez now. And that's why the Hurns deal hasn't been made yet. But they would prefer to get whatever they can for him vs just cutting him outright.