Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signed DL Breeland Speaks to PS

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Breeland had some success at Ole Miss. Certainly worth kicking the tires.

Plankton

Reaction score
The Chiefs used him as an edge - I don't think that was the best way to use him based on his attributes. He's got good quickness for an inside player, but not so much for an edge player. Speaks is a good roll of the dice option to find some pass rush inside.

Carson

Reaction score
The Chiefs used him as an edge - I don't think that was the best way to use him based on his attributes. He's got good quickness for an inside player, but not so much for an edge player. Speaks is a good roll of the dice option to find some pass rush inside.

Agreed. He said this

“Yeah. Because I mean I get to go back to what I did in college,” Speaks said. “Playing at 3-Tech and now that I’ve shed a little weight, I get to jump off the ball a little bit quicker. That’s pretty much been the fun part about jumping inside and also being able to hold the edge on the outside.”

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On what he was cut.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/202...iefs-brett-veach-comments-on-breeland-speaks/

“That was certainly a unique scenario where, of all the positions – I certainly think we have a very good roster, a very talented roster – that defensive line position is probably our deepest position,” Veach said. “With Breeland, a different scheme from when he got here. I, and our staff, thought in his rookie year he did some things that you can really lay a foundation on. And we all know that he came in a little out of shape the next year, and then he had the injury. So, I think when you get behind the eight ball in professional football, it’s tough. And then when you get behind the eight ball on a roster with a deep defensive line, it’s even tougher. I will say this – credit to the kid – he did come in in shape and worked hard to get that weight off. Again, he was just up against a very deep and talented defensive line class.”

If he can't handle competing against talent he really made the wrong decision coming here.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

From the stats on him given on a prior post, it appears he does have some push inside and makes penetration. But yes, need to see what he does on THIS defense. Somehow it just seems like no one gets anything here consistently. (with a Debbie Downer smirk)..LOL..

Sydla

Reaction score
This kid is a good pickup

speaks.0.jpg

I find this to be a fantastic post. Nice find on the picture!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Sounds like he needs the right scheme to excel in.

Is this one it??

Hard time having confidence in any of it but like bringing him in.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sounds like he needs the right scheme to excel in.

Is this one it??

Hard time having confidence in any of it but like bringing him in.
My poor guy.
You've lost confidence in everything!
I don't blame you.

Almost a haiku... I tried.