Twitter: Cowboys Signing Aldon Smith to 1-yr/$4M Deal (must be reinstated first)

J817

Reaction score
Quinn is another irresponsible drunk. And what happened after Dallas signed him...He got suspended for taking steroids.

We traded for Robert Quinn when the Dolphins wanted to shed salary. He just signed a large contract with the Bears. I’m unsure what Quinn your referring to.

Edit: never mind I remember now lol your right.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So the anti-Dezzers were saying Dez was too old, but now they are ecstatic about the 30+ year olds McCarthy has been bringing in lately?

:huh:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So your saying that you never saw any upside, talent, in Gregory,,no ceiling?
Smith busted out of the turnstiles as soon as he was drafted, its rare to see that type of immediate impact, even from a first round talent, that quickly.

I don't care about upside or potential in a player who spent years in the NFL. At some point you have to do it. Randy Gregory was supposed to be a top 10 value in the draft. Some were saying top 5. I never saw that ability as a Cowboy.

MikeB80

Reaction score
We traded for Robert Quinn when the Dolphins wanted to shed salary. He just signed a large contract with the Bears. I’m unsure what Quinn your referring to.

you know which quinn I am talking about, yes they traded for him. Then he tried to mask his steroid use and got caught and missed two games.

Kaiser

Reaction score
RD1: CB
RD2: Slot WR

Book it

IMO this move doesn't really change things if they love a DE. If they think Chaisson is a top ten talent but is there at 17, I think they still take him.

CB is definitely a need but I think everything else could be BPA. There should be slot WRs available later in the draft and I wouldn't be afraid to go to camp with Devin Smith, Cedric Wilson and Noah Brown competing for that spot. Not optimal, but I wouldn't freak out.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It doesn't matter, Qwinthy. What one has done vs the other is irrelevant. Just like Jimmy Johnson preached years ago before you fell in love with the Cowboys in 2001. When you're actually a good player you'll get more slack.

It was a terrible comparison. You should play checkers with whoever tweeted that. You might win.
Just cause you didn't understand the comparison, doesn't make it horrible.

Two RDE with off field issues and someone making sure others know the difference between their offenses and you can't comprehend it.

As has been said, WE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU DON'T GET THINGS AND THEY GO OVER YOUR HEAD. Just let it be Brittany. You babble like a little school girl when you've lost.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I survived the earthquake in Idaho last night....only to have this rock my world. Aldon Smith had 19.5 sacks in 2012. Nine freaking seasons ago....yet someone still thinks he has potential. :rolleyes:

Jerry Jones is doing his best Al Davis impersonation tonight.
You seem really shook over that earthquake. :cool:

J817

Reaction score
you know which quinn I am talking about, yes they traded for him. Then he tried to mask his steroid use and got caught and missed two games.

No no no, I remember now. I was thinking you meant after he left Dallas and that threw me off. Your right.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
giphy.gif
Just blew my brains into noodles, I ain't gonna lie.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't care about upside or potential in a player who spent years in the NFL. At some point you have to do it. Randy Gregory was supposed to be a top 10 value in the draft. Some were saying top 5. I never saw that ability as a Cowboy.
What is the loss?
What is the effect on the cap at all, just to retain the rights to at the very least take a look?
Is there someone so vastly superior on this roster that Gregory is blocking at the moment?
After the draft maybe the entire landscape changes, maybe Smith and Gregory are gone after camp.
Why does having either on the roster at this point anger you.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we lose a legit player in Quinn, our best pass rusher by far last year, and our response is to count on two guys who hope to be reinstated this year.

Quality front office work being done down there in Frisco.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
The sad part is that it's looking more and more likely there may not even be a season this year....finally beefing up the defense and it might be for naught.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is the loss?
What is the effect on the cap at all, just to retain the rights to at the very least take a look?
Is there someone so vastly superior on this roster that Gregory is blocking at the moment?
After the draft maybe the entire landscape changes, maybe Smith and Gregory are gone after camp.
Why does having either on the roster at this point anger you.

Because it directly impacts what they do at the position. Meaning if no Gregory or Smith were available the Cowboys would have to find a real option.

Is that cool? Let me know if I can still feel this way.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The sad part is that it's looking more and more likely there may not even be a season this year....finally beefing up the defense and it might be for naught.

The NFL does not see it that way at all. They have publicly stated they are moving forward with the season. Hopefully for all of us there is a season and everything returns to normal.