Twitter: Cowboys Signing Aldon Smith to 1-yr/$4M Deal (must be reinstated first)

freemanjc19

Reaction score
how about the old saying, past behavior is an indicator of future behavior?

He bit his Gf's wrists and held her against her will....This is the opposite of tough to me. The Ultimate sign of weakness. Jerry loves to talk about second chances when all he is really doing is buying low because he is cheap.

“Redemption is something you have to fight for in a very personal, down-dirty way. Some of our characters lose that, some stray from that, and some regain it.”

― Joss Whedon

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You paid D Law huge money. You paid McCoy and Poe solid money. You can’t give a huge deal to a RDE, so Clowney and Griffen are unrealistic. So you go with a cheap committee of Crawford (hopefully restructured), Gregory and Smith. And hope they pan out. Or you draft one high. Or both.

They actually coulda, but didn't wanna.

I think the Joneses believe in Gregory, which is why they didn't want to pay top dollar to a FA end. Smith just gives the team another low-cost possibility, allowing it to hope that between the two, someone will be able to get the job done.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I hear Aldon Smith's contract is a $2M base with $2M in incentives. Who can complain about that?

Crawford should get about the same contract. I am thinking $1M base with $3M in incentives.
Crawford will get more than that for being a franchise savings account.
Just like Tyron Smith did.
Both loyal to the tee, Jerrys boys,, that's kinda cool actually.

MikeB80

Reaction score
“Redemption is something you have to fight for in a very personal, down-dirty way. Some of our characters lose that, some stray from that, and some regain it.”

― Joss Whedon

good luck with the redemption in this organization. This organization encourages the behavior these guys are trying to get away from and it starts at the top.

Pac Man was a changed man until he was in the club and needed personal security after months of irvin and others selling him as some reformed man. Same with Hardy. Same with McClain...etc..

they are cheap. Jerry is cheap. thats all. The jones family simply doesn't care about anything except money.

If they hired OJ as the RB coach next year I wouldn't be surprised.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Smith n RG bringing that heat off the edge ooohweee, mane!!!

Big Mike said he wants 6 pass rushers, he has 3 pending reinstatements...expect some more.

Like the move getting a good player potentially and working a proper contract to fit the situation.

Get David Irving back on the squad and shid they good till the draft. I would clap for a SS tho.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Smith may very well get on the field and find he no longer has the speed to get around the edge.

I think it's very 50/50 he as much as makes the team.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Meh...I'm glad he's turned his life around but this signing does nothing to excite me

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Jay Glazer sure has Jerry's ear. First it's McCarthy, now Smith. He either likes Dallas or wants to sabotage us.