Twitter: Cowboys Signing Aldon Smith to 1-yr/$4M Deal (must be reinstated first)

cavemanct

Reaction score
Great rap sheet! Might be a cowboys record. He is even NFL all time leader in bomb threats!! C'mon man.

Carson

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Jokes on us.............

Jerry..................

:facepalm:

It’s not terrible.

He gets 2 million, if he shows up and has anything in the tank.

Another 2 based off incentives.

If he messed up or is a shell of himself, they can release him due to zero guaranteed money.

We are paying a bum kicker 1.9 then 2 next year. Might as well buy low and see what Smith can do.

shabazz

Reaction score
I like this post from the Niners message board;

"This is an ideal situation for him. Opposite of a talented rusher (D-Law), solely playing End (no LB -> DE assignments), and reunited with Jim Tomsula. It's a no risk, high reward type signing."

fivetwos

Reaction score
The only way this becomes bad is if it influences pick 17, maybe by leaving a Chiasson on the board figuring you have this guy.

Carson

Reaction score
The only way this becomes bad is if it influences pick 17, maybe by leaving a Chiasson on the board figuring you have this guy.

I don’t think it influences one way or another if an elite DE falls.

But it does keep us out of a Taco situation where DE has to be the pick.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
He was the Lead Singer of The Cure. They haven't put out anything recently, but everyone knows him.
https://i.*******/ndn9rhkb48s11.jpg
I remember Robert Smith RB on the Vikings being really good at the same time The Cure was very good

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It’s his fourth chance. I don’t have a problem with someone recovering from alcohol or drug problems getting second chances. But domestic violence? That’s where I don’t like this move.

Aldon Smith’s mountain of legal issues (from yahoo sports)

Here’s a rundown of the breathtaking amount of off-field issues Smith has encountered since entering the NFL:
Indeed Bobhaze, that's one lengthy track record right there,, always appreciate the truth, and if there is one thing you do best, its bring the facts,, no BS, and im being honest, no sarcasm at all.
I appreciate solid facts and solid posters like you, always appreciate your content, your contribution,, tops on my board.
All im doing now is a fan is trying to salvage something positive out of a past regime with Garrett and company that had such a negative impact on this franchise, that playing by the "good" rules, that applied in the past , pre Garrett, cant apply now, with the damage that has been done.
Its time for a new perspective on a build model, and if there ever was a more pressing time to take a chance on a risky player its now...
Nice guys are too expensive to rebuild the damage at this point in an acceptable time frame considering the narrow window at hand.
Its time to get our hands a little dirty at this point.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has given second chances to plenty of players, including Alonzo Spellman, Dimitrius Underwood, Greg Hardy, Rolando McClain and Randy Gregory, with mixed results. Smith will become the latest.

Jerry struck oil with Haley, he's trying to do it again with all the guys you mentioned. Apparently never occurs to Jerry that Haley was the exception to the rule, had bi-polar disorder that was mostly fixed with medication, and he came to a team that already had an abundance of talent and was on the rise. Have to wonder how Haley would have reacted at Dallas if the team wasn't good and getting better.

Not really against the signing, as noted he can be cut with little penalty if he doesn't pan out, but seriously, hasn't played in FOUR years and the thinking is he can return to anywhere near his previous level?

Want an example of why not, check out Chris Spielman, left to take care of his ill wife, was out only 1 year, when he returned he promptly got hurt in camp and had to retire.

I'd give Smith about a 5% chance of sticking around...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry struck oil with Haley, he's trying to do it again with all the guys you mentioned. Apparently never occurs to Jerry that Haley was the exception to the rule, had bi-polar disorder that was mostly fixed with medication, and he came to a team that already had an abundance of talent and was on the rise. Have to wonder how Haley would have reacted at Dallas if the team wasn't good and getting better.

Not really against the signing, as noted he can be cut with little penalty if he doesn't pan out, but seriously, hasn't played in FOUR years and the thinking is he can return to anywhere near his previous level?

Want an example of why not, check out Chris Spielman, left to take care of his ill wife, was out only 1 year, when he returned he promptly got hurt in camp and had to retire.

I'd give Smith about a 5% chance of sticking around...

How did you get my name on a quote that I didn't make?
:huh:

blueblood70

Reaction score
The 4 million is as surprising as the signing itself. Perhaps there were other teams involved??
calm down im betting theres a ton of structured language that protects the team, hes going have to earn that 4mil being ion the field, not get in trouble and im sure statistics escalators etc..no way they said heres 4mil for showing up even though you've been retired 4years..