Twitter: Cowboys Signing Aldon Smith to 1-yr/$4M Deal (must be reinstated first)

cern

Reaction score
lol, WUT? literal is derived from literally.........the definition of "literally" LITERALLY mentions "literal":lmao:

literal - "taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or allegory."

literally - "in a literal manner or sense; exactly."

no, Smith is not in the most basic sense "cancer."
google is a good tool. but only if you understand what you're reading. think adjectives and adverbs in this case. hope that helps.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don’t think it influences one way or another if an elite DE falls.

But it does keep us out of a Taco situation where DE has to be the pick.
I'm concerned we are to where CB has to be the pick.

I can see it now. All the Henderson supporters around here losing their minds on game day when he takes a pass on an open field tackle...repeatedly.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
google is a good tool. but only if you understand what you're reading. think adjectives and adverbs in this case. hope that helps.

:facepalm::huh:
i LITERALLY posted definitions. the fact that one is a verb and one is an adverb doesn't imply they mean different things.....................it only means you use them differently based on what you're saying.

please do explain how "literal" and "literally" do not mean the same thing. i'm all ears.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i'm sure they've vetted the info as best as they can. but there's no sure fire way of checking out a man's mental wiring.

Nope, and as they didn't 'guarantee' anything financially, they shouldn't 'guarantee' that he will be here or contribute when they make their draft and free agency decisions. Keep the same mindset.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Not since 2016 in my opinion. LVE is a good player but the injury thing makes even him a question mark.

I'm not taking the 20-20 hindsight view, just looking at who they picked at the time, Taco was at least somewhat a "project", so to me that was a bad pick from the get-go, Cowboys don't have time to "develop" a first round pick.

Supposedly they checked out LVE's neck and found no problem with it, and it was a pretty sure bet he'd be able to start right away, if for no other reason than his size, so I'm sticking with my comment...

Kwyn

Reaction score
From what I’ve read he’s had a chance, in fact he’s had several.
So, considering there is zero guaranteed money, and therefore no risk to the team. What are the concerns?

Is this a case of taking the moral high ground? Is there some sort of social justice at work?

Those are the only positions that I suppose might make sense for some people, but I would suggest those folks might want to look to their own lives, friends and families before they throw too many stones.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
*you're.
come on boomer.
now continue your whining.

This the way you gonna roll now? Cool, I've seen many like you. Eventually, this board will beat you down and you'll do something like request to change your board name or something and come back with a new attitude or maybe just try and sneak another user name on and just walk away from this one. The beauty of it is that you will do all this to yourself. You will solve the problem of you yourself.

There is a certain symmetry to it.

But you asked for it so you'll get it.

cern

Reaction score
grammar police decided "literal" and "literally" are different forms of the same word? no..no..that's not better. because it makes no sense.
stay in school. the mind is a terrible thing to waste.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is so very unlike my beloved Cowboys to pin their hopes on a recovering addict.
I didn't think we would do this much with all the other D-Line investments we've made, so I'm cool with it. Smith is a long shot at this point. Kind of a Rolando McClain kind of shot. But he was an absolute beast at one time.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score

bold is an adjective and boldly is an adverb. so they don't basically mean the same thing! checkmate! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not taking the 20-20 hindsight view, just looking at who they picked at the time, Taco was at least somewhat a "project", so to me that was a bad pick from the get-go, Cowboys don't have time to "develop" a first round pick.

Supposedly they checked out LVE's neck and found no problem with it, and it was a pretty sure bet he'd be able to start right away, if for no other reason than his size, so I'm sticking with my comment...

Two decisions that were wrong in retrospect. Doesn't help your case. Factor in Hill, and they're 0-3 lately.

cern

Reaction score
:facepalm::huh:
i LITERALLY posted definitions. the fact that one is a verb and one is an adverb doesn't imply they mean different things.....................it only means you use them differently based on what you're saying.

please do explain how "literal" and "literally" do not mean the same thing. i'm all ears.
you were unable to understand after you checked google. sorry, i'm not being paid to tutor you in English. you are being literally obtuse. or at the very least the literal definition of obtuse.:)

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
stay in school. the mind is a terrible thing to waste.

dog, i am asking you to educate me. in what ways are "literal" and "literally" different?

"cancer in a literal sense" is not the same as "literally cancer" according to you. why not? how do they differ? i need to learn!

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I like to hope for the best. Doesn't mean I expect it, but nothing would be better for Smith, if he has gotten his life on track, than to experience NFL success again. If he does it in Dallas, all the better.

Exactly. He was one of the best defensive lineman in football when he didn't have his head on straight. He's 30 I get it, but he is only 6 months younger then Robert Quinn and he has 5 less seasons worth of hits on his body. Who knows he might be awful and we cut ties with him after one season. Or he has an amazing year and then we all get to ***** about how Jerry should of signed him to a 3 year deal. Either way. You're going to get the chance to ***** people! That, at the very least, should make you happy.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not.
McClay has a habit of finding this type of player,see Quin last year and other reclamation projects.
Maybe they have had their eye on him and went to Tomasula and kicked the can on down the road.
Doesn't really matter - Either way, I'd like to think that actually doing this was a collaborative effort. Which would make me feel warm and fuzzy about the FO working with the new staff.
Now, so long as they have vetted him properly

So, how did we get to the point where a player who's been absent for four seasons due to an NFL ban suddenly get to suit up for Jerry Jones? Well, it's because while Jones gave the final green light, it wasn't him pounding the table for the signing. That fist belonged to newly-hired defensive line coach Jim Tomsula, with the blessing of head coach Mike McCarthy, I'm told.