Twitter: Cowboys Signing Aldon Smith to 1-yr/$4M Deal (must be reinstated first)

MikeB80

Reaction score
This organization is absolutely terrible. This guy has multiple DUI's, guilty of a hit and run and a domestic violence arrest where he held a woman against her will and bit her wrists to injure her.

I hate this organization with a passion and I can't wait to watch it fall flat on its face if and when we have football again.

This is just terrible. The organization that forced Greg Hardy on it's fan base now pulls this nonsense.

All because he is cheap which says it all about the Jones family. I hope this team goes 3-13.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Literally nothing if the contract isn't guaranteed.

People forget that Quinn was considered somewhat of a gamble last year and were were on the hook for real money in that case. That move turned out great, I'll wait and see what happens here.

Exactly. If he doesn’t look good in camp he can be cut and his cap hit is zero.

nothing to lose

J817

Reaction score
I just got this news from Apple news lol.
Will. McClay.

I mean your not lying here. This is definitely a “try to find a diamond in the rough” signing. It has certainly been the status quo for the last five years or so. Though, you can’t really blame him if Stephan is directing him to find these “diamond in the rough” types. He’s definitely doing it.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
1 or 2 mil guaranteed? If we don't like him, cut him. That was the cost of our lottery ticket.
If we do like him, 4 mil is not much for a rotational DE.
Do you not understand why a player who has been out of the league five years getting $4M is surprising? Everyone else seems to understand.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Well this one just came out of left field. Rest of the NFL focused on Clowney and we get this for 4M including incentives. They never cease to amaze at the bargains they sign in free agency. Hopefully he is a Quinn 2.0 or better.

Quinn numbers would be great, but I seriously doubt it. If it's Mayowa's first season, it's a very good deal.

Don't forget the comp pick on the back end.

Carson

Reaction score
Gregory and Smith don't stop us from drafting anyone.

Not a single one of our free agent signings have done that at any position, outside of possibly 3T with Hill being the top pick last year.

It simply means they likely look elsewhere for help (CB, WR, LB). They aren’t going to cut the guys they have now. That’s why I said if an elite talent does slide, we take them. If not, we likely use picks 1 and 2 elsewhere. Before I saw DE or DT going one or two.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I just got this news from Apple news lol.

I mean your not lying here. This is definitely a “try to find a diamond in the rough” signing. It has certainly been the status quo for the last five years or so. Though, you can’t really blame him if Stephan is directing him to find these “diamond in the rough” types. He’s definitely doing it.
RS was wrong, it's Tomsula.

Reactions: JPM