Twitter: Cowboys signing Brice Butler

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Lol, I hadn’t thought about him in a long time. I’m not sure I ever would have again if you hadn’t mentioned him.

Remember going to training camp and watching him practice among others. One of the local media types had the gall to compare him to Michael Irvin{based on training camp highlights.}:lmao:

Rayman70

Reaction score
This signing is almost conceding we made mistakes cutting him or whatever. Its a bad look and a step backwards. I bet we release Deon Thompson for Brice. THAT I hate even worse. Thompson at least has speed.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This signing is almost conceding we made mistakes cutting him or whatever. Its a bad look and a step backwards. I bet we release Deon Thompson for Brice. THAT I hate even worse. Thompson at least has speed.
I'm not big on Butler but he has speed as well. Austin, Thompson and Butler would give us some blazing speed on offense. Not sure coaching can scheme to use them properly though

links18

Reaction score
No, I think it's a case of having a guy available that already knows the offense and has a rapport with Dak. It could be a case of the Cowboys not being pleased with a certain receiver. As others have said, maybe it is Allen Hurns. He got a two year deal, but the bulk of his money is only guaranteed if he's on the roster at the start of the 2019 league year. So this could be a cap move, too.

What did Hurns do? Imply it wasn't the receivers' fault our offense was trash?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's just a signal that we're looking for more downfield from the WRs. Butler for a player like Noah Brown or maybe one of the extra TEs isn't going to matter a wet fart in the scheme of things.