Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing KJ Henry off Bengals PS

zekecowboy

Reaction score

KJ Henry, who was recently signed off the Cincinnati Bengals practice squad by the Dallas Cowboys, has had a modest start to his NFL career. During his time with the Bengals, he primarily contributed on special teams and in limited defensive snaps. Here are some of his key stats from the 2023 season:

• Games Played: 8
  • Total Tackles: 12
  • Sacks: 1.5
  • Tackles for Loss: 3
  • QB Hits: 4

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
K.J. Henry came to the Cowboys cheaply . . . as usual, that's the primary quality that governed our FO's attraction to him. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

zekecowboy

Reaction score
K.J. Henry came to the Cowboys cheaply . . . as usual, that's the primary quality that governed our FO's attraction to him. :rolleyes:

K.J. HENRY DE/EDGE CLEMSON | NFL DRAFT PROFILE & SCOUTING REPORT​

SUB-POSITION: VERSATILE DL
LAST UPDATED: 04/17/2023
DRAFT YEAR: 2023
40 TIME: 4.63 SECONDS (90%*)
BOWL INVITE: SENIOR BOWL
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/KJ-Henry-DE-Clemson

Good draft pedigree coming from Clemson. Also, like his 40 yard time.
I would like to think signing him for two years the scouts see some potential in him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

K.J. HENRY DE/EDGE CLEMSON | NFL DRAFT PROFILE & SCOUTING REPORT​

SUB-POSITION: VERSATILE DL
LAST UPDATED: 04/17/2023
DRAFT YEAR: 2023
40 TIME: 4.63 SECONDS (90%*)
BOWL INVITE: SENIOR BOWL
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/KJ-Henry-DE-Clemson

Good draft pedigree coming from Clemson. Also, like his 40 yard time.
I would like to think signing him for two years the scouts see some potential in him.
Good news -- at least, he's not injured, nor devoid of any attractive qualities! Let's hope he becomes a "pleasant surprise." ;)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team, man.

You lose Parsons and Lawrence so you hit them with Kneeland and Lawson. If they go down it's Golston and Henry.

It's just wave after wave after wave.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dumpster Dive GIFs | Tenor

Smith22

Reaction score
Don't need sympathy but thanks. I just wish management would have a better plan when it comes to roster building.

Sitting on 25 million while fielding the worst RB/DT group in the NFL just doesn't seem like an effective plan In taking the next step.

exciter

Reaction score
I've heard many posters right here in this very forum say the exact same thing about Micah Parsons....

Let's be honest, our front 7 sucks in both areas - run defense and pass rush. So getting a guy that can rush would help IF we can get to 3rd down, because they are never going to get off the field otherwise. I expect opposing offenses to have all day to throw the ball until MP and DL come back from injury.
Lol, are you seriously trying to compare Yannick who has been benched by his last 2 teams and is sitting on a practice squad to Micah who is a generational pass rusher?
Best not to put a lot of stock into the hysterical rantings of this fan base, especially on this board. What’s not agenda driven is usually ignorance, fueled by those with agendas!

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
Lol, are you seriously trying to compare Yannick who has been benched by his last 2 teams and is sitting on a practice squad to Micah who is a generational pass rusher?
Best not to put a lot of stock into the hysterical rantings of this fan base, especially on this board. What’s not agenda driven is usually ignorance, fueled by those with agendas!
1. Ngakoue is the best rusher available with any sort of track record as an actual pass rusher. So given the circumstances the team is in I’d say their best path of action is to try to get someone here that can actually do the things edge rushers are supposed to do, like rush the dang passer! If you don’t see that then you intellect is lower than I give you credit for…..

2. No one is comparing the two players, if you couldn't understand that then you need to go back to grade school and work on reading comprehension. I merely said posters regularly criticize Parsons for being poor against the run, so why should we worry that Ngakoue is poor against the run as he is a lesser player altogether than Parsons, but has more pass rush juice than just about any other available player…..

And now to your point about listening to other posters on this board, I’ll take that advice BUT only as it pertains to listening to YOU.
Enjoy being ignored!

rambo2

Reaction score
1. Ngakoue is the best rusher available with any sort of track record as an actual pass rusher. So given the circumstances the team is in I’d say their best path of action is to try to get someone here that can actually do the things edge rushers are supposed to do, like rush the dang passer! If you don’t see that then you intellect is lower than I give you credit for…..

2. No one is comparing the two players, if you couldn't understand that then you need to go back to grade school and work on reading comprehension. I merely said posters regularly criticize Parsons for being poor against the run, so why should we worry that Ngakoue is poor against the run as he is a lesser player altogether than Parsons, but has more pass rush juice than just about any other available player…..

And now to your point about listening to other posters on this board, I’ll take that advice BUT only as it pertains to listening to YOU.
Enjoy being ignored!
At least KJ Henry has been playing. The only reason Washington let him go was that Quinn signed Fowler and Armstrong as free agents. The 2 year contract gives you an idea that the Cowboys really like Henry.

exciter

Reaction score

Enjoy being ignored!
As one bears team reporter stated it, he had performed so poorly that the team had already determined they weren’t going to try to resign him long before he broke his ankle in week 13 and was part of the reasoning they dropped a 2nd round pick on Montez Sweat. Previously the Raiders had given him a 2yr contract and pawned him off on the Colts the 2nd year. He’s now sitting on a practice squad after no one sniffed at him 5 weeks into the season. Should be telling but hell, this fan base is so much smarter than the GMs and coaching staffs around the league!

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
At least KJ Henry has been playing. The only reason Washington let him go was that Quinn signed Fowler and Armstrong as free agents. The 2 year contract gives you an idea that the Cowboys really like Henry.
Thanks for that. I am well aware of Henry and his potential. My comments had nothing to do with him really.

You realize we have lost multiple players in our defensive front 7 right? Therefore we would need to replace multiple players…

rambo2

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I am well aware of Henry and his potential. My comments had nothing to do with him really.

You realize we have lost multiple players in our defensive front 7 right? Therefore we would need to replace multiple players…
They did replace them.

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
They did replace them.
They lost 2 guys, and have only signed 1 guy, PJ Henry to replace them.

Damn! So according to you this PJ Henry (that can't even make other teams 53 man roster) is coming to Dallas and will replace both Micah Parsons and D Law! :rolleyes: Ok bud.

rambo2

Reaction score
They lost 2 guys, and have only signed 1 guy, PJ Henry to replace them.

Damn! So according to you this PJ Henry (that can't even make other teams 53 man roster) is coming to Dallas and will replace both Micah Parsons and D Law! :rolleyes: Ok bud.
Lol, his name isn't PJ it's DJ and he replaced Law. Carl Lawson has been moved to the active roster to replace Parsons while he is out. Also Henry has been playing for the Bengals.