Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing KJ Henry off Bengals PS

Rayman70

Reaction score
KJ Henry is decent actually. He will come in ready to roll. I don't mind this pick up. Not sure he will see the field this week. Guess it depends how quick he can learn enough of the scheme.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
superbowltrophy.jpg
Who won an Oscar?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
he pushed mahomes out of bounds !! so he is pretty darn good!

you guys expecting more from the jones boys, are not too bright.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
So the Jones' still think Derrick Henry was avaialble when drawing up the offer, so they just ah well let's just offer whoever this is the same amount of moola. Signing a guy off the PS of what could be the worst D in the NFL isn't a good thing, right?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Big fan of this move after just a few minutes of watching his tape. Henry wont ever be a 15 sack guy, but has good body control, uses his hands well, and while hes just an OK athlete seems to have some natural ability to bend around the edge. There could be some untapped potential in this one. Interesting they signed him to a two year deal too....
guess because he is so cheap they did a 2 year deal . and someone liked him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Any player that is available for pickup either from the practice squad or just a guy sitting on a couch somewhere is available because 31 other teams do not think that guy can help them. This is a “everything must go” sale.

Having said that, occasionally you can get lucky and Coach a guy up. It’s not likely but itis possible. I will add it’s even less likely with a coaching staff all on one year contracts.
I disagree, they wouldnt be on a practice squad if the team didnt want or value them.
All the decent players cannot be put on the roster so................
Nothing wrong with this guy he just didnt make the roster.

rambo2

Reaction score
David Irving is absolutely correct!

What is Jerry waiting for? Offer David Irving $2 - $3 million / year. Guaranteed he will take it.

I would go get David Irving and Randy Gregory right now. They would seriously upgrade our D-line.
They can have a smoke off. I'm sure that you would like to join them.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep laughing but history wil show how the Henry and the Linval Joseph signings were directly instrumental to the Cowboys season
Word play. 'Instrumental' can carry the dual meaning of beneficial or detrimental, lol.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I agree. All I’m saying is that he may be able to help. You and others are crapping on that possibility. Don’t be so obtuse.

I’m really not trying to crap on it. Just trying to also be realistic. Chances are he isn’t going to be much of a help if he couldn’t crack the commanders top 53.

That being said. I also did say he is young so maybe he develops. I think that’s fair.

Truth is. Cowboys are missing their top 3 DE’s right now including Sam Williams.

I just don’t think anybody can prepare for that. I can’t even blame the FO on that one. Just bad luck.

edit: heck. We could point to other practice squad players who eventually became good. I think Miles Austin also comes to mind. It’s just not common.