Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing RB Corey Clement

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Surprised they are keeping a 3rd RB. Clement is a good special teams guy though and lots of experience

I think the special teams part was real important. We probably weren't even looking at RB who don't play special team even if they are really good RBs.

Not surprised by this. I thought we might keep Elliott and Pollard and FB Ralston, who can play special teams and RB in a pinch, but since we only kept two on the roster, this move was predictable.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not sure he has the speed for that. .468 40 time. Looks like special teams and a bruiser

The year he had his most returns (13), he had a 25.6 average and a long of 48. Also, 11 of his 13 returns were at least 20 yards.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Doesn't have a lot of speed or wiggle, but he's a solid football player. Good on special teams, tough inside runner, decent hands. A solid option for the 3rd RB position.
you're thinking 2017 too much. Yes he was a scatback who also had decent YPG inside on handoffs. He also had one of the greatest Super Bowl overall performances for a running back in NFL history, and he'd be the only player on the current team with a championship ring (McCarthy and Quinn have rings from the coaching staff).

Plankton

Reaction score
you're thinking 2017 too much. Yes he was a scatback who also had decent YPG inside on handoffs. He also had one of the greatest Super Bowl overall performances for a running back in NFL history, and he'd be the only player on the current team with a championship ring (McCarthy and Quinn have rings from the coaching staff).

Clement is not a scatback. Never was. My assessment of him and his ability is correct.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Clement is not a scatback. Never was. My assessment of him and his ability is correct.
wrong... he had over 100 yards receiving in the Super Bowl and had a ton of receiving catches and TDs in the 2017 regular season. He was Wentz's preferred third down running back. :) Also the best out of the Eagles' lot (Ajayi, Blount, Clement, Smallwood, Barner) in pass protection. By a mile.