Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing RB Corey Clement

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Pretty decent this preseason, despite a bad game against the Browns, 3.3 average on nine carries.

He averaged 6 yards per carry against the Patriots and 6.4 against the Jets.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Doesn't have a lot of speed or wiggle, but he's a solid football player. Good on special teams, tough inside runner, decent hands. A solid option for the 3rd RB position.
what school?

Plankton

Reaction score
wrong... he had over 100 yards receiving in the Super Bowl and had a ton of receiving catches and TDs in the 2017 regular season. He was Wentz's preferred third down running back. :) Also the best out of the Eagles' lot (Ajayi, Blount, Clement, Smallwood, Barner) in pass protection. By a mile.

Dude, scatbacks are 180 pounds, and generally suck at pass protection. Clement is a solid 210-220 pounds. He's far from being a scatback.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Interesting, not against it since there is no 3rd RB and Dowdle isn't the best anyway.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Dude, scatbacks are 180 pounds, and generally suck at pass protection. Clement is a solid 210-220 pounds. He's far from being a scatback.
that's not the definition of scatback. scatback is a receiving back who is usually in "scat" protection on passing downs, hence the name. basically the James White role of look for someone out on the edge to block and if not then provide a safety valve and easy completion for your QB, ideally with enough extra yardage available to get to the sticks.

Darren Sproles is widely considered to be the GOAT scatback, and he was good in pass protection. so there's that.

sjmike

Reaction score
He was a nice part of the Iggles Super Bowl season and could catch and run. Could be a nice addition. I live near Philly and their fans were all about him so it'll be good to rub it in their faces. LOL

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Just to jump into the debate, I was curious, so I googled it. According to Merriam-Webster this is the definition of a scatback: an offensive back in football who is an especially fast and elusive ballcarrier.

Either way, I think it's a solid signing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
what is it with our fans if we stand at they say oh no we lime our guys

if we sign anyone they are jags and get mocked

yet when our competitors churn the bottom of the roster they are deemed getting ahead and trying to improve the team..these threads become loaded down with negativity..

chill out relax these are just the last 10 guys in to help when needed..

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I am good friends with his family, went to school with Stephen his father. Corey gave him his SB ring and he always has to put it in my face. I’m like you have four more to go. Now it’s even better if he gets at least one of them with us. LOL

Carson

Reaction score
I preferred Freeman.

But hell yeah I like this a lot