Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing RB Corey Clement

Manster68

Reaction score
I preferred Freeman.

But hell yeah I like this a lot
I think they chose Clement over Freeman because of Freeman's injury history.
Clement is no slouch though. Good pickup for RB3. Better than anything Dallas has on their roster after Elliott and Pollard.

Praxit

Reaction score
..Corey brings a SB ring with him. Might be good influence.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dwayne Harris was slow, but still a great returner.

I like RBs as returners. Just give me a guy who can run, take a hit, and not fumble.

Balance and strength have a lot to do with being a good returner. You're going to get a lot of arm-tackle attempts. If you can break those and keep your balance, you have a better chance than being a speed guy who gets knocked down easily.

I could be wrong, but wasn't the guy we had returning kicks in the preseason (Dixon) considered to be fast. He couldn't run through a tackle to save his life.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Balance and strength have a lot to do with being a good returner. You're going to get a lot of arm-tackle attempts. If you can break those and keep your balance, you have a better chance than being a speed guy who gets knocked down easily.

I could be wrong, but wasn't the guy we had returning kicks in the preseason (Dixon) considered to be fast. He couldn't run through a tackle to save his life.

Crayton was never powerful or fast. Had a good knack for finding a crease, though.

Give me the grown up size returners.

stinkface

Reaction score

He sure never seemed to make it through the first line of defenders. I think you have to be a tad crazy to return kicks and Dixon wasn't crazy enough.

Carson

Reaction score
I think they chose Clement over Freeman because of Freeman's injury history.
Clement is no slouch though. Good pickup for RB3. Better than anything Dallas has on their roster after Elliott and Pollard.
I meant Royce sorry. He’s only missed two games and that was three years ago

But I’m stoked as hell to have Clement. Dude brings a ring, work ethic after being Undrafted and hopefully a vengeance on the Eagles and giants

blueblood70

Reaction score

im betting its his what 165lb frame lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a great signing for us.
  • A good ST player that can regularly contribute
  • A decent pass protector
  • A good receiving back
  • Big enough to compliment Pollard as an inside option
Not every player has to be a difference maker and this guy will come in and contribute as an option in a lot of different ways.

I agree. I’m not thrilled that they insist on carrying three running backs, but as they clearly are, I think Clement is a nice choice. From what I’ve seen of him, I was surprised to see him available. He should have a home.

Rayman70

Reaction score
THIS was a sneaky signing no one saw coming. I like. We are now more versatile.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Crayton was never powerful or fast. Had a good knack for finding a crease, though.

Give me the grown up size returners.

I think Crayton was pretty strong and had good balance/body control. Definitely wasn't fast. We've had quite a few returners who were pretty good despite not being considered fast and we've had some who were fast (and some of the best in the league have been speed guys).

I guess the point is that you can't judge a returner by his measurables. Like you said, some players just have a knack for it.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Corey Clement, DS #18 RB, Wisconsin
126851.jpg

Name: Corey Clement
College: Wisconsin Number: 24
Height: 5-10 Weight: 220
Position: RB Pos2:
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2017
40 Low: 4.56 40 Time: 4.68 40 High: 4.74
Projected Round: 5-6 Stock:
down.gif
High: 5th Low: HPFA
40.0.jpg

Combine Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 5102
Weight: 220

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.68
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.67
20 Yard (ET): 2.71
20 Yard (HH): 2.61
10 Yard (ET): 1.62
10 Yard (HH): 1.57
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 19
Vertical Jump: 28 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:
4.53/**+.15

Pro Day Results
Dates: 03/15/17
Hand: 09 3/4 Arm: 30 1/2
Wingspan: 72 3/4

Height: 5102
Weight: 220
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.66
10 Yrd Dash: 1.64 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 32
Broad Jump: 10'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.17
3-Cone Drill: 6.71

40 Time Range: 4.57-4.61

He has a Super Bowl ring with the Eagles.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Does he return kicks?

Oh, I see. 25.5 career average, 48 long ... so a little better than Pollard at it.

Would rather not see Pollard returning kicks or Lamb returning punts. Maybe Clement can handle both .

gimmesix

Reaction score
Would rather not see Pollard returning kicks or Lamb returning punts. Maybe Clement can handle both .

I fully expect to see Lamb on some returns. Because he's a breakaway threat at the position, I have no problem with that.

Pollard is a little more iffy to me because I think Clement is at least just as good or maybe even better. However, since Pollard is the backup running back, it does give him more touches to return kick. If we're going to have Clement active, though, might as well use him for the role or he gets even fewer snaps (although he can be a blocker on kick returns, I guess).