Cowboys Skip Vita Vea Workout

RandyOh

Reaction score
This is no shock, they are not drafting a 1 technique in the first round, I tried to tell folks that.
They are bringing Vea in as one of our 30 visits. We tend to draft the players that we bring in for a visit. He’s more of an option then you think. With that being said not convinced he will last to our pick

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What makes you think the Cowboys FO isn't interested in Vea?

Exactly, just because they're not visiting with him doens't mean that they're not interested. There are only so many people that you can allow to visit, and the chances that Vea will be available at 19 are.......well, very tiny. So, why waste the time on a player that probably won't be available?

Johnny23

Reaction score
Sounds good lol.

Yeah, my bad, we're in FCS. Still, I think we'd find success with him. BTW, North Dakota State and Sam Houston State are two schools that are almost too good to be in FCS. NDS, for example, has a tendency of actually beating a lot of the FBS teams that they play. Sam Houston isn't far behind in terms of the sheer success of the football team. So, while I understand that small FCS schools are considered "scrubs", I think it'd be wise to consider the school, and their success. PJ Hall is a player who could and should be drafted by us. Not just because I know him, but because I think he can help our team just like he did Sam Houston State.

fair enough. I only watch a few games a few. I know JMU,NDS, Sam Houston are good I just am apprehensive that a guy will pan out. we have been burned pretty with guys from FCS,d2 or so.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
fair enough. I only watch a few games a few. I know JMU,NDS, Sam Houston are good I just am apprehensive that a guy will pan out. we have been burned pretty with guys from FCS,d2 or so.

I understand that. Still, he's got good size. He's got a great motor. Having had a class with him (we're both Criminal Justice majors, I graduated in December 2016 and am working on my Master's online), I can tell you that he's a smart guy. What's not to like?

Johnny23

Reaction score
I understand that. Still, he's got good size. He's got a great motor. Having had a class with him (we're both Criminal Justice majors, I graduated in December 2016 and am working on my Master's online), I can tell you that he's a smart guy. What's not to like?

True, I will need to look into him. That would be good.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
Cowboys know Vita Vea will be long gone by the time the 19th pick arrives. Vea will likely go between the 8th and 12th picks. Oh well.

I thought J. Allen would never make it to #14 last year but somehow he did...and worst of all to the dreaded Commanders. Weird things happen in the draft every year. I am a big Vea fan but gave up even thinking about him as the pick despite a few mocks I have seen where he goes to Dallas. RM has his beliefs set in stone and we are stuck with them for better or worse.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
He would never come out and say that. That would be disrespectful to anyone who plays the 1 Tech for us. But it's been covered in the past by the media that Marinelli simply doesn't think the 1 Tech is a position he needs to sink investments into. And when you look at who he has brought in as the 1 Techs under him............................... it seems to be pretty accurate:

Hayden
Thornton
McClain
Paea

And I think it's been said he also likes Ash.

Those names are just downright depressing. Hayden was big on trying hard but low on talent. Thornton was not only not very good but wound up costing this team not a small amount of dead money. Paea didn't last 2 months. Only McClain was even decent.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Aton of people swore that andrew billings was the next hof NT too. You never know with these scoutes and gm's, they get skiddush come draft day.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He would never come out and say that. That would be disrespectful to anyone who plays the 1 Tech for us. But it's been covered in the past by the media that Marinelli simply doesn't think the 1 Tech is a position he needs to sink investments into. And when you look at who he has brought in as the 1 Techs under him............................... it seems to be pretty accurate:

Hayden
Thornton
McClain
Paea

And I think it's been said he also likes Ash.

A lot of difference between someone saying that he doesn't need to "sink investments into" vs. "he only needs slobs and bums". Paraphrasing someone's comments if fine as long as you don't turn his words into some other meaning...

McKDaddy

Reaction score
What makes you think the Cowboys FO isn't interested in Vea?
Their history of not valuing a true 1T.
The strong correlation that they won't pick a player they haven't met with.
My understanding is that they are attending pro days & meeting with 1T's that are expected to go later in the draft.

I get that he probably won't be available to us at 19 but I believe you should still do all your due diligence on a player of his caliber in case things fall your way.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Their history of not valuing a true 1T.
The strong correlation that they won't pick a player they haven't met with.
My understanding is that they are attending pro days & meeting with 1T's that are expected to go later in the draft.

I get that he probably won't be available to us at 19 but I believe you should still do all your due diligence on a player of his caliber in case things fall your way.
But they are meeting with him. So this entire argument is silly

McKDaddy

Reaction score
But they are meeting with him. So this entire argument is silly
I was basing my opinion on a statement that they were NOT bringing him in. Only afterwards did i see that they were indeed meeting with him. Nothing silly, just misinformation.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Cowboys didn't skip his workout. He had a hamstring running 40 yards, so Cowboys couldn't watch him in action.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
They are bringing Vea in as one of our 30 visits. We tend to draft the players that we bring in for a visit. He’s more of an option then you think. With that being said not convinced he will last to our pick

Have they released the names of those 30 visits?