Cowboys Spend $24M+ in Free Agengy; Fans unhappy

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Re-signing your own guys does not improve the team. It just keeps things status quo.

I have to disagree with you there. You have to sign the difference makers first to keep them on your roster. Otherwise you lose them, the team will most likely get worse instead of better, or even remain the same.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
You don't necessarily improve by spending big bucks in FA. You improve by drafting better which is a more
cost effective way to build and better a team. At least that's what Stephen and McClay think.
in the meantime, lose games depending on the draft, shaping new players for the future.
How about do what's needed for the present, how about now??

Sydla

Reaction score
You don't necessarily improve by spending big bucks in FA. You improve by drafting better which is a more
cost effective way to build and better a team. At least that's what Stephen and McClay think.

You can improve in FA.

For the love of all that is holy, stop with the madness logic that the only way we can really improve is just through the draft.

It’s dumb when Jerry insinuates it. It’s dump when Stephen alludes to it. It’s dumb when fans use it as cover for another failed FA period.

LittleD

Reaction score
Yes but if you only sign Jags in Free Agency and lose Starters and Backups in the Meantime you cant equal that through a Draft.

Normally only Day 1 Guys start or make an Impact anyway.

So as of today we are a lot worse than last year.

As of today, only 1 of our signees could be construed as a Jag. Price was signed for low bucks so no big if he fails. All of the others signed
are not necessarily Jags. We need pass rushers and we kept two. Not so bad, huh?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Wow you rather us have lost Lawrence and Irving to sign outside FAs?

Who said that? I’d rather they work hard to improve the team at at least one spot. I don’t think that’s too much to ask and maybe they will actually get it done. As of yet they haven’t so many are not happy with just the status quo, actually less than the status quo since they have lost players and signed no one.

Carter

Reaction score
As of today, only 1 of our signees could be construed as a Jag. Price was signed for low bucks so no big if he fails. All of the others signed
are not necessarily Jags. We need pass rushers and we kept two. Not so bad, huh?

Like i said before. They were here before. We arent a better Team just resigning own guys while losing and not replacing key guys like Hitchens.

You cant only resign your good Players, lose Starters and Backups and hope you can not only fix those holes but be better than last year just through one draft.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
We can sign an outside FA or two to fill a clear hole and still have Lawrence and Irving.

It’s idiocy to continue to suggest otherwise.

And we will, I promise.

The FA or two we would have already signed would have cost us big bucks and lost us Lawrence or Irving.

Its idiocy to suggest otherwise

LittleD

Reaction score
You can improve in FA.

For the love of all that is holy, stop with the madness logic that the only way we can really improve is just through the draft.

It’s dumb when Jerry insinuates it. It’s dump when Stephen alludes to it. It’s dumb when fans use it as cover for another failed FA period.

Okay...I will suggest to you what I suggested to someone else a couple of days ago. Look at the top 20 contracts completed last year FA and then see how many of those made all pro or the pro bowl this year. What is the statistical win rate? If you want to really determine, look at the last 20 high FA contracts for the last 3 years and determine the statistical win rate. Until you get to 50/50 win rate to all pro or pro bowl, not a very good investment in my world.

John813

Reaction score
And we will, I promise.

The FA or two we would have already signed would have cost us big bucks and lost us Lawrence or Irving.

Its idiocy to suggest otherwise

Not really. You think had Watkins signed here we had to release Irving or Lawrence? C'mon man.
Restructures would of been executed. And/or we cut Dez. But we wouldn't let those two D-lines players walk for free.

LittleD

Reaction score
in the meantime, lose games depending on the draft, shaping new players for the future.
How about do what's needed for the present, how about now??

We are...Look at the players we kept from leaving and see the good investments. Who's better than Lawrence & Irving in FA?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Think we can agree Lawrence and Irving are perfect for our scheme.

Ummm.... 12-4 13-3 & 9-7 3 of the last four years....

You call that success? What happened in the playoffs which is all that matters? I guess you’d be happy if your kid got a 100 on all his homework but then failed the test. Me, not so much.

RamziD

Reaction score
I have to disagree with you there. You have to sign the difference makers first to keep them on your roster. Otherwise you lose them, the team will most likely get worse instead of better, or even remain the same.

I guess you can technically improve if your own guys get better, but they can also get worse or not live up to their contract.

LittleD

Reaction score
Like i said before. They were here before. We arent a better Team just resigning own guys while losing and not replacing key guys like Hitchens.

You cant only resign your good Players, lose Starters and Backups and hope you can not only fix those holes but be better than last year just through one draft.

You have to pay them to keep them these days. We don't have slavery in America dude. It takes cap space for guys who can get to FA and we kept some pretty valuable players. We don't have unlimited cap space and this ain't Madden.

Carter

Reaction score
I guess you can technically improve if your own guys get better, but they can also get worse or not live up to their contract.

And the 2nd part normally happens when they got paid the big $.

Carter

Reaction score
You have to pay them to keep them these days. We don't have slavery in America dude. It takes cap space for guys who can get to FA and we kept some pretty valuable players. We don't have unlimited cap space and this ain't Madden.

Yes but than u have to accept that you wont get better and likely get worse than last Season.

LittleD

Reaction score
You call that success? What happened in the playoffs which is all that matters? I guess you’d be happy if your kid got a 100 on all his homework but then failed the test. Me, not so much.

Look, Irving got into trouble and missed 4 games and you know how many games Zeke missed. Dez underperformed and the Oline regressed. Dak had to run for his life because he is not Romo and has to have WR wide open to hit them.

LittleD

Reaction score
And the 2nd part normally happens when they got paid the big $.

You pays your money and takes your chances. At least the team knows these guys better than all those FA we let pass us by.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Look, Irving got into trouble and missed 4 games and you know how many games Zeke missed. Dez underperformed and the Oline regressed. Dak had to run for his life because he is not Romo and has to have WR wide open to hit them.

So what? So your saying they will just naturally be better because of bad luck and misfortune last year? Those things happen every year. Standing pat with an underachieving team is not the path to success.