Cowboys Sr. Personnel Executive Tom Ciskowski retiring

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Think about this for a moment. If we picked Sharif Floyd in 2013 and not Frederick, we probably don't win 8 games in 2013. Meaning we have a higher pick in 2014. Meaning we probably pick Ryan Shazier in 2014 instead of Zach Martin

Think about that
Or high enough for Aaron Donald. That is the guy they coveted in that draft.

RS12

Reaction score
More shakeups:

Curious anybody would take a job with the Raiders, promotion or not. Mark Davis is cash poor compared to other owners and the organization not exactly known for stability.

rags747

Reaction score
Curious anybody would take a job with the Raiders, promotion or not. Mark Davis is cash poor compared to other owners and the organization not exactly known for stability.
Seems like a pretty Big promotion from area scout to Director of college scouting. People make fun of Mark Davis and yes he is cash poor compared to many or most owners but he definitely deserves major props for getting them their own stadium in Vegas. Somehow the Silver and Black just seems to belong in Vegas.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You think this is over the Trysten Hill pick?

Nope...It's over the Mcgovern pick. Go back and watch the clip of Jerry running over everbody. Tom Ciskowski (sitting to the far left of Jerry)...says..."What about Conner?" He was the only one that cast doubt on the Mcgovern pick. And nobody listened.

Don't blame him for leaving. If Jerry isn't gonna listen...and do his own thing. Why stick around?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
More shakeups:

Don't blame him either...Getting a peak inside the war room last weekend should tell you everything you need to know why we haven't won since Jimmy left. Jerry does what Jerry wants to do...There is no concensus.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
he's a behind the scenes guy. He been helping will mcclay do the dirty work along with the scouts. He is very replaceable. Not trying to knock the guy,but as long as we still have Will McClay, we are good to go. He and will have been spot on the last few years...a good tandem. Tom is expendable. MCclay isn't.

Everyone is replaceable, at a cost.

Just like the QB isn't the only guy winning games, the guy on top isn't the only guy making an organization succeed.

The ship is running smoothly right now. I'd be happier if they weren't rocking the boat. Unless Tom is a hindrance, I'd rather have McClay able to draw on his experience. Jerry has plenty of money, and Tom's salary doesn't count against the cap.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
We would all like to retire wouldn't we. Find a good replacement and good luck Tom. Maybe Lional Vital (director of College scouting since 2016) moves up the ranks

ThreeandOut

Reaction score

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Everyone is replaceable, at a cost.

Just like the QB isn't the only guy winning games, the guy on top isn't the only guy making an organization succeed.

The ship is running smoothly right now. I'd be happier if they weren't rocking the boat. Unless Tom is a hindrance, I'd rather have McClay able to draw on his experience. Jerry has plenty of money, and Tom's salary doesn't count against the cap.
he's been doing it since 92....i'm thinking he just wants to retire and enjoy life.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn't Ciskowski the guy who was running the infamous trade down and skip the DT who we had rated # 5 overall ? (Name escapes me). The year we got Fredbeard I think after trading down twice. That was the end of his draft running, not because we ended up with Fredbeard - bloody good, but because they traded away from the # 5 rated player. Meaning, their draft evaluation's were wrong.

Frederick Draft
The issue is that Ciskowski did not communicate with the coaches.

They had the DT Floyd ranked as the top player on available at the Cowboys Pick.

Marinelli said that Floyd was not a good fit in his scheme.

Jerry was the tie-breaker and they traded down which resulted in picking Frederick.

Ciskowski more/less continued in his role but Will McClay started to get more respect in the organization while Ciskowski lost a lot of respect for the bungle.

Claiborne Draft
The final straw was when they traded up and drafted Claiborne. The scouting dept. did not spend much time getting info about Claiborne because they didn't expect to be able to draft him.

They had only studied him on film but didn't checkout his personality and learning issues.

The Rams called and asked to talk to Jerry. They said they would take less than chart value if the Cowboys wanted to trade up.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
he's been doing it since 92....i'm thinking he just wants to retire and enjoy life.

That's my guess as well.

I'd rather have him retained as Draft Scout Emeritus for limited consulting. 25 years of historical experience not just drafting, but drafting for the Cowboys org, is useful as a resource for McClay. Jerry has plenty of money. No need to skimp.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
he is a gonzo. one of those yes men/old drinking buddies that JJ likes.
That wouldn't be all that bad of job to have,,,er,,,being drinking buddies with Football DaD:thumbup:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Think about this for a moment. If we picked Sharif Floyd in 2013 and not Frederick, we probably don't win 8 games in 2013. Meaning we have a higher pick in 2014. Meaning we probably pick Ryan Shazier in 2014 instead of Zach Martin

Think about that

Or Aaron Donald. Or maybe Shazier doesn’t get hurt because that play does not occur. Or maybe he gets hurt earlier or later.

Yes, things would be different if something different occurred.

RS12

Reaction score
but he definitely deserves major props for getting them their own stadium in Vegas.
??? The tourists are paying for it like they pay for everything else in Vegas. It was handed to him on a sliver platter.