News: Cowboys Stadium officially renamed AT&T Stadium; Vid Post #30

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm totally cool with this, as long as the name becomes "AT&T Tom Landry-Cowboys Stadium" :)

Then you will be disappointed. I love Landry but Jerry is not going to name it after Landry nor has he named it after himself.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I like Cowboys Stadium. I don't like it with A T & T in front of it.

I think it sounds better to drop the Cowboys part of it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With no naming deal in place for the first few years, people got used to calling it Cowboy Stadium. I suspect it will remain that way even now.

pancakeman

Reaction score
With no naming deal in place for the first few years, people got used to calling it Cowboy Stadium. I suspect it will remain that way even now.

Just don't call it that when talking on your phone if you have AT&T service.

JSP21

Redneck Daddy
Reaction score
Breaking News: Stadium will be called...... AT&T Stadium.

Source: 105.3

erod

Reaction score
I'd bet it'll be called AT&T Cowboys Stadium.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tom Orsborn ‏@tom_orsborn 4m
So now the Giants have a shot on Sept. 8 to win the first game at AT&T Stadium just like they did at Cowboys Stadium four years ago.

Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 2m
Cowboys Stadium name change to AT&T Stadium is effective immediately, will be reflected in substantial signage updates throughout season.
AT&T has recently doubled the capacity of its 4G LTE network inside the stadium, in the plazas and in parking lots.
Jerry Jones on finances of AT&T Stadium: "This is not for dollars the most it's been for naming rights but best there is."

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 1m
Jerry Jones privately wanted to get at least $20 million a year for his stadium naming rights deal. Told he came up short.
still could be biggest naming rights deal in the nfl since MetLife is $16M/year

@dkaplanSBJ: League sponsor Verizon. AT&T now names stadium of 1 of biggest brands in NFL.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
As I said earlier the new name sounds better but I am surprised they dropped the Cowboys.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 1m
Jerry Jones says agreement for stadium naming rights deal communicated over three continents between Stephen Jones and AT&T.
Reporter asked AT&T rep if she was worried about how long it's been called Cowboys Stadium, and Jerry: "Well, I'm worried about JerryWorld."
Arlington mayor says city will get 5 percent of revenue from AT&T Stadium naming rights deal for Cowboys and will help pay off city's debt.
Legends Drive near the Cowboys stadium will become AT&T Blvd. or Drive, Jerry Jones says, as part of naming rights deal for venue.

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 2m
Sources: AT&T Stadium naming rights deal with the Cowboys is worth an avg of in between $17M and $19M a year.