News: Cowboys Stadium officially renamed AT&T Stadium; Vid Post #30

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was the response for alot of folks on twitter. I was cracking up. lmao

Would love to see Jerry communicating with Siri, Google Voice or S voice (or whatever voice software for various phones) and the certain confusion that would ensue. lol

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would love to see Jerry communicating with Siri, Google Voice or S voice (or whatever voice software for various phones) and the certain confusion that would ensue. lol

This guy I know used to do that on FB alot of times. He called it wacky Wednesday. And he'd do the voice thing so that it posted on his FB page and oh the joy I got from some of those posts.

I'd be the most unproductive person in the world if Jerry did that. lol

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wanted the name to stay the same but at least it isn't something like Minute Maid or Tropicana.

If I was down to my last $1000 and had to trust someone to invest it, that man would be Jerry Jones :D

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Reread and reread and still no sense.

He means it is not the highest dollar amount paid for naming rights but other aspects of the deal make it the best naming rights deal ever signed. That is merely his opinion of course but I think that is what he meant.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Welp...could have been a worse name like the Sports Authority Field they have in Denver. It is kinda disappointing that there is already an AT&T Park in San Fran and AT&T Center in San Antonio.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
ARLINGTON, Texas, July 25, 2013
— Welcome to AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys. Today, the two iconic American brands jointly announced an expansion of their long-standing relationship to include the new name as well as plans to create an innovative, mobile-first experience for fans -- building on the nation’s fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network from AT&T.

"AT&T is an iconic American leader that has guided the path of communication in the world for more than 100 years," said Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. "Our stadium has always been about providing fans with an unsurpassed experience in the area of technology. With AT&T, we are growing our relationship with one of the world’s strongest and most innovative companies to ultimately provide fans with the latest cutting-edge technology for many years to come."

"Dallas is our home town, and we’re proud to expand our successful relationship with the Cowboys, one of the most visionary sports franchises around," said Cathy Coughlin, AT&T Senior Executive Vice President and Global Marketing Officer. "This is a terrific opportunity to further integrate AT&T’s industry-leading mobile technology with the premier sports and entertainment venue to create a world-class fan experience."

The name change, effective immediately, will be reflected in substantial signage updates throughout the upcoming football season, prominently featuring AT&T, both inside and outside of the stadium.

The Cowboys and AT&T will work together to deliver an interactive gameday experience for fans like no other. AT&T and the Cowboys also will continue to invest in advanced mobile technology in and around AT&T Stadium to benefit all visitors. For example, they --

·
Have recently doubled the capacity of AT&T’s fastest and most reliable in the nation 4G LTE network inside the stadium, in the plazas and in parking lots.
·
Will nearly double the capacity of the Wi-Fi network inside AT&T Stadium, giving all visitors a significantly enhanced mobile Internet experience. This will be completed in time for the Cowboys’ regular season.
·
Will enhance – in time for this year’s preseason games – the Cowboys’ mobile app with maps and wayfinding to improve the overall fan experience on game days.
In addition to Cowboys’ games, AT&T Stadium is already lined up to host a series of major events in the near future, including:

·
2014 AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic
·
2014 and 2015 Cowboys Classic Kick-Off games
·
2014 NCAA Men’s Final Four
·
2015 First-Ever College Football Playoff National Championship Game

AT&T Stadium hosts an average of 30 marquee events annually – from soccer and motocross to monster trucks and concerts – and attracts close to 2 million visitors each year. Additionally, nearly half a million guests visit the venue annually to take part in stadium tours. Since opening in 2009, almost 10 million people have entered the doors at AT&T Stadium for events and tours. In addition, Dallas Cowboys games consistently deliver some of the highest-rated telecasts during the NFL season, including a number of nationally televised prime-time broadcasts each year. Cowboys fans also are among the most loyal, with season ticket holders in all 50 states and several countries.

Zordon

Reaction score
This is a sad day in Cowboys history.

Texas Stadium

Cowboys Stadium

AT&T Stadium.

Which one doesn't belong.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Good for the Cowboys. More money for Jerry is more for the team. The stadium and practice facilities are also an incentive for attracting and keeping coaches and players even if only a little. I don't what they name it. All I will see is Cowboys playing.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
It's going to improve the over all quality of the fan experience now. Before you couldn't barely get any reception on your cell phone in there.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Apparently the name makes no difference to the Giants, they just call it home game away from home.... lol

Cowboys22

Reaction score
hate it. nothing sacred. everything has a dollar sign. very sad day

Wait until you own something worth $18 million a year for 20 years and see how you react to some shmo on the internet telling you not to sell. He can't leave that money on the table and it's going to only help pay off the his stadium debt and increase his cash flow to sign free agents.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wait until you own something worth $18 million a year for 20 years and see how you react to some shmo on the internet telling you not to sell. He can't leave that money on the table and it's going to only help pay off the his stadium debt and increase his cash flow to sign free agents.

Agree with the part about JJ not leaving money on the table. However, this will not affect their ability to sign FA's in any way, shape or form. If there was no salary cap, then yes. As it stands now(or yesterday), the Cowboys have/had plenty of money to sign whoever they want, with or without the stadium name change.

This will only increase his own pocketbook and help pay off the stadium.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
So weird not seeing anything Texas or Cowboys in the name. But, I don't care as long a we start winning in that stadium.