News: Cowboys Stadium officially renamed AT&T Stadium; Vid Post #30

pancakeman

Reaction score
[B]Brandon George[/B] ‏@[B]dmn_george[/B] said:
Reporter asked AT&T rep if she was worried about how long it's been called Cowboys Stadium, and Jerry: "Well, I'm worried about JerryWorld."

:-D That's a pretty good one!

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Agree with the part about JJ not leaving money on the table. However, this will not affect their ability to sign FA's in any way, shape or form. If there was no salary cap, then yes. As it stands now(or yesterday), the Cowboys have/had plenty of money to sign whoever they want, with or without the stadium name change.

This will only increase his own pocketbook and help pay off the stadium.

Sorry, but when there's excess cash flow, the signing of free agents is easier for the owner. That was my point. Yes, Jerry has the money for any free agent he wants but the extra cash flow might make it easier to write those big bonus checks in the future. That's all I was alluding to.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Well this stadium is paid for lol. Jerry Jones hate him or love him is a genius. I dontagree with everything he does, but Im glad he's the owner of the Cowboys. Guy has turned a 140 million dollar investment in a 2.1 billion dollar homerun.

Alot of people say Jerry doesnt know what he's doing as a GM. Point to Jimmy being the success. Jerry fired a legend in Landry the same day he hired Jimmy, and everybody thought the idea was stupid and would never work. And im sure nobody that followed the cowboys back then liked this move either.

Well he is a genius. For sure. But was this deal difficult? Did it require any business mastery?

Cowboys = America's team
Soon to be the worlds team

AT&T global services

Makes sense

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Well he is a genius. For sure. But was this deal difficult? Did it require any business mastery?

Cowboys = America's team
Soon to be the worlds team

AT&T global services

Makes sense

Might be so, but my point is when Jerry bought the team they were losing money yearly. How quick that changed. How many people in the world make a 2 billion dollar difference?

RS12

Reaction score
I don't know how much the deal is worth, but you have to admire Jerry for taking his time and making sure it was right. I can't imagine how much money he didn't make the first 4 years of the stadium.

At least it won't be Cowboys in the Tostito Bowl or some other wild thing.

This was about waiting out a bad economy so the sponsors would loosen the purse strings, nothing more.

StonyRomo

Reaction score
Bet you still won't be able to get service but half the time in there.
I just hope the cowboys don't drop balls like AT&T drops calls and I'm all good.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Might be so, but my point is when Jerry bought the team they were losing money yearly. How quick that changed. How many people in the world make a 2 billion dollar difference?

Without a doubt. Great business.

Yankees and Cowboys ... A lot better than Washington nationals and Jacksonville jaguars

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Reminder:
AT&T Park = San Francisco,
AT&T Center = San Antonio,
AT&T Stadium = Arlington,
AT&T Reception = nowhere

CowboyGil

Reaction score
How long before an NFL uniform begins to look like a NASCAR jumpsuit?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah, taking away the name of the team from the stadium REALLY was overdue. Having just another stadium with a corporate name is SO much better.

Getting money off of a 1.2 Billion dollar project is smart sorry if you can't comprehend that. Every one knows who plays there putting a name on it does not change that. Yes business wise this is very good for the Cowboys and this is a business like it or not

Reaction score
If Jerry & the owners have their way, the teams will be wearing Pepsi, Ford, & God knows what else on the jerseys. Just one step closer to cheapening the game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If you already HAVE a boatload of cash, it's called selling out.

He has a boatload of cash because he is a smart business man you don't make deals that cost you money if you do you don't last long in the business world