Cowboys talked to Patriots about trade for CB Christian Gonzalez over the summer

So we are ok with Porter faking an injury to get out of Pittsburgh, but we arent ok with Micah doing the same to get away from this circus?

Is that what we are saying?
Micah didn't want to leave. He thought Jerry would cave. Maybe Porter thought the same. Maybe he actually wanted out. Whatever. All it matters is how he is playing throughout the season.
 
This nugget found here.


Again, Dallas’s efforts to add to its defense over the past year have been considerable. The Cowboys were very much in on Maxx Crosby until the Raiders initially agreed to a deal with the Ravens.. They also first reached out to the Steelers on Porter early on in training camp, while making calls on corners with simmering contract situations (New England’s Christian Gonzalez was another). Pittsburgh told Dallas that if a deal happened early in the season, the price would be high. It was too high, at the time, for the Cowboys for a player who had an expiring contract.

Gonzalez is a huge upgrade over Porter Jr.
 
To be honest I think Trey Hendrickson may been their best chance for a pass rusher.
I would love to know if they called the Raiders prior to or during the 2026 Draft.

I would much rather see the Cowboys trade pick 20 and a 2027 2nd or 3rd than to draft Malachi Lawrence. I would have called back at 23 before drafting Lawrence.

They very well may have done so and the Raiders price was too high or rejected the offer(s). I would love to hear from someone in the FO if they explored Crosby during the draft or prior to.
 
We traded for a good player. Got zero issue with the deal. We badly needed a cb that could cover. Why stop there? We are grossly undermanned at edge and linebacker. At least go sign Bobby Wagner.
 
He's looking out for his payday. Never hate a player for that. Dudes don't get very much leverage aside for something like this
Which I get...but just say you're sitting out until you get a deal. Faking injuries and then miraculously healing after the deals just makes you look bad.
 
The way I read this Porter did have a back issue but it cleared up to the point the Steelers activated him off PUP on August 31.

The back was just a built-in excuse for Pittsburgh to keep him inactive and protected from injury as they shopped him. That's why Porter laughed out loud when the "injury" was brought up in his first interview here yesterday.
 
Gonzalez would have cost a 1st and a 2nd.

I don’t think anyone will do a Saide Gardner type of deal again but you’re not getting Gonzalez for a 2nd.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,042
Messages
14,658,872
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top