Cowboys talking to former Seahawks DC Kris Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Add a couple more pieces and now we are taking. Watch the defense out shine Garrett's inept offense

Ok I don't get that post. The HC is responsible for the offense and not the defense. Is that how it works around here. The defense improves and it isn't coaching but the offense takes a step back and it is. Seems a bit out of focus if you ask me. And I ssume the HC is interviewing and making at least some of the decisions on hiring.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
They already did this season with half the talent
At some parts yes. In others no.

Seems whenever the offense clicks the defense can't get off the field. When the offense struggles that's when we play good defense.

It's crazy. Wish we could get both going at the same time

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Didn't Jerry just say on Friday that both Linehan and Marinelli are both staying, yet we're interviewing a DC?........Jerry Jones AKA JR Ewing......truth never crosses his lips.

Apparently he's willing to move Roddy into and "assistant HC chair" before he gets the golden parachute. That was the chatter when he tried to entice Eberfus into staying on as DC

Sydla

Reaction score
Ok I don't get that post. The HC is responsible for the offense and not the defense. Is that how it works around here. The defense improves and it isn't coaching but the offense takes a step back and it is. Seems a bit out of focus if you ask me. And I ssume the HC is interviewing and making at least some of the decisions on hiring.

I don't know. Ask the people who have excused the last 7 years of mediocrity by suggesting Garrett has been "let down" by the defense. He's the HC. If the defense fails, that's on him. If the offense fails, that's on him.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Those coaches on defense would out shine Garrett's offense. It's not a hard concept.

You said it yourself Garrett coaches offense so when defense improves how can you give him credit for coaching defense

Rayman70

Reaction score
I mentioned this as an option last week. THIS WOULD BOLSTER TE ENTIRE TEAMS MOJO. This guy is the architect behind the scenes when you bring up the Legion of Boom. This guy would make total sense to replace Marinelli. He is a proven commodity in coaching. HUGE HUGE UPGRADE TO THE TEAM and it also brings a new defensive philosophy of physicality. SIGN HIM NOW JJ!!!

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Those coaches on defense would out shine Garrett's offense. It's not a hard concept.

You said it yourself Garrett coaches offense so when defense improves how can you give him credit for coaching defense

Dude, it's not a Garrett offense anymore than it's a Garrett defense. He's the HC of the Team not a coach of the offense only. That's the concept to grab. If the defense improves JG get's some credit, if the offense improves likewise. If the defense steps back he takes a part of the responsibility, same on offense. It's a team thing

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I don't know. Ask the people who have excused the last 7 years of mediocrity by suggesting Garrett has been "let down" by the defense. He's the HC. If the defense fails, that's on him. If the offense fails, that's on him.

wasnt he supposed to be spending time with the defense and helping back in 13 when jerry hired callahan?

gmoney112

Reaction score
If I was Kris, I'd take an assistant DC under Rod for a year and move up to DC next year or even later.

Most of CZ thinks everyone sucks and would run Dick LeBeau out of town if he was in Dallas, but learning Rods tricks and DL development would be something I wouldn't take lightly, if this was my career.

Gaede

Reaction score
Marinelli must be retiring. Richards, Pagano, and Norton are all defensive coordinators—anywhere in the league. Can’t see any of them being a mere position coach

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Dude, it's not a Garrett offense anymore than it's a Garrett defense. He's the HC of the Team not a part of the team. That's the covept to grab

Now that is a truthful statement. And if the defense improves that's on him as well. See it just isn't the HC taking responsibility for a step back, he get's some praise for an improvement as well. Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.