Cowboys talking to former Seahawks DC Kris Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
So we are looking to bring Richard in as a passing game coordinator? LOL.

Actually one of Eberflus' responsibilities was to study the other teams passing game and game plan the defense around that yes. Some such notion. Not sure how successful it was, I'd say not too based on Denver, Philly game 1 and the Chargers.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
So we are looking to bring Richard in as a passing game coordinator? LOL.

this is the way dallas titles the job but his primary job i imagine would be the secondary coach and then coordinating the secondary and linebackers together in pass defense.

just the same title as ebeflus even though he was actually the lb coach

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
this is the way dallas titles the job but his primary job i imagine would be the secondary coach and then coordinating the secondary and linebackers together in pass defense.

just the same title as ebeflus even though he was actually the lb coach

Damn, I'm confused, which he? Horton or Richard? Does interviewing minorities count for ccordinators and position coaches. Serious question

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Marinelli must be retiring. Richards, Pagano, and Norton are all defensive coordinators—anywhere in the league. Can’t see any of them being a mere position coach

FRISCO, Texas – Appearing Monday on the team's "Hangin with the Boys" show Dallas Cowboys' executive vice president Stephen Jones said the Cowboys are in the market for a passing game coordinator with the impending departure of Matt Eberflus.

Jones said the Cowboys are looking at secondary and linebacker coaches to handle the role alongside defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli.
http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...er-seattle-defensive-coordinator-kris-richard

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – Appearing Monday on the team's "Hangin with the Boys" show Dallas Cowboys' executive vice president Stephen Jones said the Cowboys are in the market for a passing game coordinator with the impending departure of Matt Eberflus.

Jones said the Cowboys are looking at secondary and linebacker coaches to handle the role alongside defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli.
http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...er-seattle-defensive-coordinator-kris-richard

mmm clarification. I like that

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Damn, I'm confused, which he? Horton or Richard? Does interviewing minorities count for ccordinators and position coaches. Serious question

honestly probably whichever one they hire. i have to think they interviewed both for this same position..secondary coach/passing game coordinator.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

It appears that it might be both interviewing for the same job. Possibly the same with Pagano. So while we're getting excited about the possibility of all three joining our staff, they might just be interviewing for the same position (passing game coordinator).

Sydla

Reaction score
Now can we get back to the apparent hiring of Moore as QB coach?

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Didn't Seattle have a very simple defensive plan that relied on their talents on the front seven (Wagner, Bennett, etc.) and once in a generation secondary to get things done? And basically hold the WR if they had a chance to get by you because the refs wouldn't call it everytime, not to mention rumored PED use?

I don't see how he would excel which such little talent here.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Didn't Seattle have a very simple defensive plan that relied on their talents on the front seven (Wagner, Bennett, etc.) and once in a generation secondary to get things done? And basically hold the WR if they had a chance to get by you because the refs wouldn't call it everytime, not to mention rumored PED use?

I don't see how he would excel which such little talent here.

No. Their scheme was complicated using pyramids and inverted triangles among other at the time unique formations. Even their DL calls were complicated using shooting the gaps, shoot and hold and multiple games.

Sydla

Reaction score
No. Their scheme was complicated using pyramids and inverted triangles among other at the time unique formations. Even their DL calls were complicated using shooting the gaps, shoot and hold and multiple games.

Did they use the Pythagorean theorem?

Sydla

Reaction score
I see as an improvement over what we had until he proves otherwise...

That's a pretty low bar to clear, better than what we've had. LOL.

I know it's crazy thinking, but given we have a young QB who needs development, an actual QB coach with experience seems like a smarter option than the 3rd string QB from last year.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Love Marinelli and how salty he is lol...but I think a new voice and someone thats much younger that brings in recent cred (SUPER BOWL RINGS) like Richard,just may be what this team needs to be elite. Move Marinelli to a consultant type position like we did with Kiffin.

Hey man? did you notice just about 3 /4's of the way into the season, about the time when the scuttlebutt was JERRY was down in the halftime command bunker ( those couple of games #46 came out running in the first possession of the 3rd qt. ,,sporting a 20' battering ram between his legs?) ,,,well, as much as I myself, appreciate having Rod Marinelli onboard,,, it kinda seemed to me anyway, that it took the great wizard himself to descend from the towers heights to build a " FIRE" under certain *$$*$ on the issue of defensive adjustments & that was about the timeframe of the season when the defense seriously started to make noticeable shut down progress?
Now, I know the factualists on the forum will point out Chideo entered the fielded ranks& we probably got #50 back up in the turret around then also,,, but, I'm thinking there were forced scheme changes made just a hair prior to those two reinforcements plugged back in,,,,the point is,,, just why in the Hell is ol' JJ even having to build a fire under the *$$*$ of command decision callers to begin with?,,,ya know?,,, I'm not slow on figuring things out,,,but,,, if it genuinely takes JJ's halftime "pep" talks ( or threats, of which, that I'm CERTAIN were made.) to initiate permanent postive adjustments is just wholly & totally ridiculous to even begin with.
If we don't 'refurbish' the the bilge pumps of the battleship this off season ,we'll flounder around & be waterlogging .500 battle ball club again in 2018 regardless of whoever we get to suit up.
( ,,,er,,,other than getting that #9 guy back under center,,,SHEESE WEEZIE ,,, as it's a pure certainty he'd probably be zinging to #88 T.D sixty yarders on every other throw,,,but ALSO prolly the cure for cancer, world peace & thwarting global warming in like, one out of every 10 or maybe 12 of those deep PASSES THAT HE COULD MAKE!,,,,o_O)

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don't even want to get excited about this. I feel like Jerry is bringing in the big names to suck us back in only to hire unknowns or low end guys. No way does jerry bring in all these guys who can be HC candidates unless hes actually planning on canning Garrett should we do badly next year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Love Marinelli and how salty he is lol...but I think a new voice and someone thats much younger that brings in recent cred (SUPER BOWL RINGS) like Richard,just may be what this team needs to be elite. Move Marinelli to a consultant type position like we did with Kiffin.
That's a pretty low bar to clear, better than what we've had. LOL.

I know it's crazy thinking, but given we have a young QB who needs development, an actual QB coach with experience seems like a smarter option than the 3rd string QB from last year.
lol...YUP...Wade Wilson didn't exactly make anyone better. He just collected a check and said yes a whole lot lol. Moore is likely a big upgrade for young Dak.

Sydla

Reaction score
lol...YUP...Wade Wilson didn't exactly make anyone better. He just collected a check and said yes a whole lot lol. Moore is likely a big upgrade for young Dak.

I won't be a fan of the Moore hiring, if true.

Too big a risk to take when you have so much invested and hanging on Prescott developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.