Cowboys talking to former Seahawks DC Kris Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Doug Pederson was an also ran journeyman back up QB for many years in the NFL...no coaching experience..NONE. Yet he became a QB coach amongst other titles...when he started he had zero fan fare...no credentials except he was a former player. THATS IT. Same as Kellen Moore!! So the moral of the story is you must start somewhere. Now Pederson is a HC in a SB. So you just don't know if anyone can coach until they get a chance. Lets wait and see. I expect the Moore signing may be official either tonight or Tues.
Pederson was Quality Control for 2 years before getting named QB Coach.

Argument defeated.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Pederson was Quality Control for 2 years before getting named QB Coach.

Argument defeated.
No argument ..but what experience did he have before that title? hmm? A guy has to start somewhere.Lets not cast stones before its even official...or before he gets his shot. Can't always hire elite QB coaches..they dont grow on tree's. Sometimes you have to develop a coach in your system.I'm willing to wait and see.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Guys..if we sign Kris Richard as the passing coord..and assist. def,coach..that goes along way to making the entire team better...even IF we sign an unproven Moore as the QB coach. Would LOVE to and Ray Horton as the db coach as well. Great coaches can mask shortcomings in other coaching areas...ie Kellen Moore.

One can always hope. Put another way hope is not lost. And another way maybe we can draft hope lol

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I refuse to believe some woman named "hairopolous", maybe if she changed her name to "Footballgurupuss" or "I know my footballpuss" she'd catch my attention:lmao:

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Wade Wilson had boatloads of experience in coaching QB'S..lol...only he never could develop a one of them.

Hush now he coached a bevvy of Bear QB's and I think one who we drafted somewhere between Rom and Dak. Weeden and Caseels weren't his babies. They had bad habits long before Wade got a hold of them :)

Dre11

Reaction score
Add a couple more pieces and now we are taking. Watch the defense out shine Garrett's inept offense
Lol... top half the league in points ,yards, 2nd in rushing. 26th in passing and we can agree the Dak to Dez connection is an issue, but calling no it inept is way overblown

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's comical to me how many of our fans hate that we're putting together another great staff.

Deal with it. Go Cowboys! right in your faces.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Lol... top half the league in points ,yards, 2nd in rushing. 26th in passing and we can agree the Dak to Dez connection is an issue, but calling no it inept is way overblown

I think it's funny that fans believe HC's are only responsible for the offense. I suppose when a person hates another so much it's even hard to throw him a bone for any improvement be it coaching staff or defense. Makes me chuckle

Dre11

Reaction score
I think it's funny that fans believe HC's are only responsible for the offense. I suppose when a person hates another so much it's even hard to throw him a bone for any improvement be it coaching staff or defense. Makes me chuckle
Amen to that, it's been said JG has Ben spending most or more time on the defensive side, Guess what, that side improved, I don't hear Garrett getting any credit for that, but he gets all the blame on an offense that isn't as bad as they make it seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.