Cowboys Team And Fans Seem Ready To Lose It

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop watching. Stop posting. Stop following or supporting. Abandon the Cowboys and go find more peaceful ventures in life. Problem solved. You hurt Jerry better this way, plus you have peace of mind.

Sounds good?
SO you suggest being a fair weather fan....and nobody can say shirt about the state of affairs. Got it. Good to know that's how you roll.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Cowboys fans have had 26 plays years of futility and have been mostly patient and tolerant. I sense that this season is different. I think Cowboys Fans are ready to lose their **** on the team.

The team seems to be overall very frustrated and it seems like it is about more than just this loss. There seems to be a cumulative frustration, that is ready to hit a boiling point.

If the Cowboys manage to win this game and ride out the season at close to .500 the team may not explode. But if this team really stinks it up (and is either not competitive or the coaching can’t be defended) I think this situation could get REALLY UGLY IN A HURRY. We are right at the “critical mass” for one hell of an explosion.

Dak’s injury unfortunately buy the FO and coaches “an excuse” for a few weeks.

That said— the more games we lose the more the pressure will mount on everybody regardless of who is under center.

The flaws and holes have been exposed— so following up a 12-5 2021 campaign with a stinker will result in some change— but ultimately it will just mean a new puppet at HC.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing wrong with voicing your displeasure. I do it all the time. It's the sudden acting out like Eagles fans that Cowboys fans should not turn into.
It's a different situation in Jerry World. I don't approve of throwing trash at players and very few do. But come on dude...seeing Jerry's face on the TV during a chant.....a harmless one...despite you acting like a little girl about it...

wouldn't be interesting?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Cowboys fans have had 26 plays years of futility and have been mostly patient and tolerant. I sense that this season is different. I think Cowboys Fans are ready to lose their **** on the team.

The team seems to be overall very frustrated and it seems like it is about more than just this loss. There seems to be a cumulative frustration, that is ready to hit a boiling point.

If the Cowboys manage to win this game and ride out the season at close to .500 the team may not explode. But if this team really stinks it up (and is either not competitive or the coaching can’t be defended) I think this situation could get REALLY UGLY IN A HURRY. We are right at the “critical mass” for one hell of an explosion.

Agree! It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a) such a completely botched off season; b) a completely horrible opening game c) the front office so belligerent and defensive and d) the HC so defensive and at the same time oblivious to the talent he has. I think it could get really ugly. An implosion may be necessary!

DandyDon52

Reaction score

well it was 2 really bad games in a row, the WC game then this TB game, if they win one or 2 everyone will sing a different tune.

Only thing is , it may continue badly, and they may lose the next 5 games. I watched the giants and eagles games, and i NOW think they will beat
dallas. going to watch the wash game today.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I sense this with the fans for sure.
I think there was a lot of anger simmering under the surface due to the SF loss.
That dumpster fire of a game last week, just ripped the band aid off it and fans are erupting.
So more losing, you are going to see more frustration...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's a different situation in Jerry World. I don't approve of throwing trash at players and very few do. But come on dude...seeing Jerry's face on the TV during a chant.....a harmless one...despite you acting like a little girl about it...

wouldn't be interesting?
Looks like the real little girl is acting out. 58 years old and still hasn't grown up. Sad.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not real fans, that understand the game.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm a therapist and I work with trauma victims and a lot of abuse victims. When an abusive relationship is happening there is always something called the "screw it" point. We use a different word that "screw" but this a family forum. When the screw it point happens it means the abused person finally realizes they are being abused, stands up for the themselves and reacts in a manner the abuser isn't prepared for. That can consist of going no contact, calling the police and pressing charges, or becoming violent themselves. After the screw it point is hit the abused doesn't return to the abuser. They've have enough and realize life is better without the abuser.

Jerry and the fans are engaged in an abusive relationship. All the signs are there: false promises, times of hope, devaluation, no empathy, word salad. And earlier today was a bit of a mocking, "I got you and you can't leave statement " with the whole I'm not selling the team when asked about angry fans.

So I feel we are on the brink of the "screw it" point. This has the potential of getting ugly fast as the OP said. I am concerned it could get violent and I hope no players, refs, or other fans get hurt. I really hope fans don't show up to the game or turn it off before it gets any more aggressive than it already has. But I feel the OP is correct and the fans have been abused for 20+ years by this narcissist and they're at the "screw it" point. It can get bad.
I've been at the screw it point for years now. I hate that Jones family, and hate is a strong word but it fits in this instance.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I actually think more Cowboy fans, me for example, have just resided to the fact that this team is not gonna win much anymore and just gave up them going anywhere. Alot more fans I believe are just like "mehh"

Me, I just stopped caring so much. If they go, then I will be excited for the team, but I don't expect it and really don't give much thought about it. People wanna razz me about their team beating my Cowboys, I am like "Yep sure did" and I move on. Too old to be stressed out about football anymore.
Don't get me wrong, Been a fan for 40 years. I love to see them live when I do, I watch the Cowboys games on tv. Obviously root for them, but I don't lose sleep anymore over it win or lose.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
BOOM.......the boos and the garbage at Prescott is only the beggining!!!
Prescott must have had relations with your sister or something, you seem bitter. I want the guy gone, but geesh, you have an unnatural obsession with him. Where's that resident Psychologist in Cowboy forum, this man needs help?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think if 26 years hasn't broke them that a 27th will either.

Fans will be fans. Jerry really doesn't have to do anything to get them to buy in next year. Their fandom will take care of that. Replacing McCarthy with Payton will have them absolutely bouncing off the walls with Go Cowboys! for 2023.

So feel free to throw a season long temper tantrum that will amount to nothing. Jerry's not concerned with your feelings. He owns you and he knows it.
For the first time in years, WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE.

shabazz

Reaction score
I didn’t express an opinion as to whether it would be good or bad. They are just facts. There is no emotional attachment to the stated facts.

some of them act on Emotion first and foremost…….they weren’t taught to think critically

It’s permeated itself into every facet of everyday life. Welcome to the new abnormal.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott must have had relations with your sister or something, you seem bitter. I want the guy gone, but geesh, you have an unnatural obsession with him. Where's that resident Psychologist in Cowboy forum, this man needs help?
You sick man bringing family members into this forum?
Total class.......

foofighters

Reaction score
Some of you would like that, huh?

What is that going to solve? It won't do anything but make matters much worse. Isn't the bad performance why y'all are acting up to begin with?

SMH :facepalm:
I doubt anyone is going to truly like this. However, it needs to happen. If we ever want to see a Super Bowl again, it has to hit rock bottom for Jerry. At some point, Jerry is going to panic. I see him spending money on a quick fix. I hope he does this. He does this to save the attendance and potential TV issues that are coming if we truly do stink up the field this year. I doubt what ever quick fix he tries will succeed.. We just aren't good in a lot of areas. I don't want my team to lose badly but what else is going to save this team? Jerry is the true issue and the only thing he'll listen to is money and that's where he needs to be hit.

Praxit

Reaction score
Lol...that's an understatement. We're the richest team and clueless, rolled into one.

.. but we're cool about it...