Cowboys Team And Fans Seem Ready To Lose It

Shane612

Reaction score
Many of us lost it long time ago.
It's like we grieve for ailing family member long before they pass.

Mannix

Reaction score
I know that I've bored y'all with this before, but I used to have the first 6-8 games memorized (home & away) before every season started...now, it's usually the first two games...whats really sad, is two Sundays ago I actually thought that the Tampa Bay game was that nite...I didn't find out that I was a week premature until around 4PM that afternoon....that is when I really knew for sure that I don't give 2 S's anymore.....that and for the last 4-5 years I go on-line to read about my Dodgers more than the Cowboys....and I like football in general 1000x more than baseball....its just that I need to be entertained by a well run and sucessful program that I am a fan of....no matter the sport.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The Jones aren't ever going to sell the team, so is it best to act out? I think not. We're supposed to be Cowboys fans and better than that. A Cowboys fan supports through thick and thin.

The Cowboys are entertainment. That’s it. They’re not a statement about your character or loyalty. If you’ve bought Chevy trucks your entire life and the their quality nosedives, do we praise your loyalty if you continue to buy Chevy trucks? No. We denigrate your stupidity.

If the Cowboys cease to be entertaining, the smart fan stops buying what they’re selling. When the bottom line suffers, things change.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys are entertainment. That’s it. They’re not a statement about your character or loyalty. If you’ve bought Chevy trucks your entire life and the their quality nosedives, do we praise your loyalty if you continue to buy Chevy trucks? No. We denigrate your stupidity.

If the Cowboys cease to be entertaining, the smart fan stops buying what they’re selling. When the bottom line suffers, things change.
Absolutely true. Exactly my point. It doesn't excuse a fan for acting out like an eagles fan.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Right. You don't go down to the Chevy dealer and start throwing garbage at them.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
well it was 2 really bad games in a row, the WC game then this TB game, if they win one or 2 everyone will sing a different tune.

Only thing is , it may continue badly, and they may lose the next 5 games. I watched the giants and eagles games, and i NOW think they will beat
dallas. going to watch the wash game today.

To be honest it really is not about how Wash played..if the Cowboys we saw are the reality all season they have what it takes to lose every game..no matter the opponent, just gotta pray that is not the complete product we are going to see. It was that bad after re watching the game the Gameplan was worse than i thought and the execution leaves big questions on what exactly they practiced for 6 weeks...it was that bad.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's a different situation in Jerry World. I don't approve of throwing trash at players and very few do. But come on dude...seeing Jerry's face on the TV during a chant.....a harmless one...despite you acting like a little girl about it...

wouldn't be interesting?

Besides, it's normal to voice displeasure at an owner if the sports owner is doing a poor job. It happens all the time in English Football. It's one thing that NFL fans are a bit bad at that would make things so much funnier. English football chants are made literally at the pubs or at the match. A fan will start it, and, if it's catchy, then it's being changed throughout the stadium. I've got a few in mind (but some would get me benched haha).

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with voicing your displeasure. I do it all the time. It's the sudden acting out like Eagles fans that Cowboys fans should not turn into.

I do disapprove of throwing things onto the pitch. However, there's nothing wrong with creating your own entertainment in the stands. It's why I've been wanting English Football chants in the NFL. Especially with how lousy the Cowboys have been of late, creating our own chants can be a lot of fun.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here are a few chants that can be used that I can post here:

Classic English chant for when opposing fans troll us:
We lose every week!
We lose every week!
You're nothing special, we lose every week!

When Jerry comes on the Jumbotron:
Hire a GM, and go on home!

Also when Jerry comes on:
What a waste
What a waste!
What a waste of 100 bucks!
What a waste of 100 bucks

Finally, in the tune of "When the Saints go marching in"

My pet dog, plays better than this
My pet dog plays better than this
He's got paws, and a tail
My pet dog plays better than this
I don't actually have a pet dog, but you can fit anything you like in that.

These are a few safe chants that, if you're going to see a Cowboys game live, you can use that would be funny and might be catchy enough to catch on. These are some of the classic chants used in English Football, and they are hilarious (especially if you understand British humour) ways to tell Jerry what fans think of him.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Cowboys fans have had 26 plays years of futility and have been mostly patient and tolerant. I sense that this season is different. I think Cowboys Fans are ready to lose their **** on the team.

The team seems to be overall very frustrated and it seems like it is about more than just this loss. There seems to be a cumulative frustration, that is ready to hit a boiling point.

If the Cowboys manage to win this game and ride out the season at close to .500 the team may not explode. But if this team really stinks it up (and is either not competitive or the coaching can’t be defended) I think this situation could get REALLY UGLY IN A HURRY. We are right at the “critical mass” for one hell of an explosion.
And then Jerry will hire Payton and tell you how great he is only to see another generation of wasted talent. No one will be successful here until the Jones family sells.

plymkr

Reaction score
I doubt anyone is going to truly like this. However, it needs to happen. If we ever want to see a Super Bowl again, it has to hit rock bottom for Jerry. At some point, Jerry is going to panic. I see him spending money on a quick fix. I hope he does this. He does this to save the attendance and potential TV issues that are coming if we truly do stink up the field this year. I doubt what ever quick fix he tries will succeed.. We just aren't good in a lot of areas. I don't want my team to lose badly but what else is going to save this team? Jerry is the true issue and the only thing he'll listen to is money and that's where he needs to be hit.
Going 0-17 and losing fan attendance, sponsors and national tv appearances could go a long way for a better future. I agree I feel we do need to hit rock bottom. The way they played Sunday I don't see them beating anyone. Maybe that's good for us in the long run.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Going 0-17 and losing fan attendance, sponsors and national tv appearances could go a long way for a better future. I agree I feel we do need to hit rock bottom. The way they played Sunday I don't see them beating anyone. Maybe that's good for us in the long run.

To be fair, we do play the Jaguars and Texans this year. I'd hope we can at least get a win over those two. Still, 2-15 would be absolutely pathetic, and it'd basically say only because we were playing two pitiful teams were we able to win those matches. If that's the case, that might be rock bottom. Especially if we also go 2-14 next season too.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Cowboys fans have had 26 plays years of futility and have been mostly patient and tolerant. I sense that this season is different. I think Cowboys Fans are ready to lose their **** on the team.

The team seems to be overall very frustrated and it seems like it is about more than just this loss. There seems to be a cumulative frustration, that is ready to hit a boiling point.

If the Cowboys manage to win this game and ride out the season at close to .500 the team may not explode. But if this team really stinks it up (and is either not competitive or the coaching can’t be defended) I think this situation could get REALLY UGLY IN A HURRY. We are right at the “critical mass” for one hell of an explosion.
.500 won't do it, and it doesn't matter if Prescott is injured or not. I expect Jerry to fire McCarthy (Patsy) at the end of the year and try to make a big splash with a new HC to generate some buzz. It's too late for me at that point. A decade with Garrett just about sunk my enthusiasm for Cowboys and the past couple of years are fast providing my disconnect from passionate fandom. Oh well, 51 years was a good run.

pitt33

Reaction score

The thing is Jerry & sons don’t see it that way. I don’t think they foresee this organization ever reaching that point.

The blind optimism they convey on a daily basis to the media and fan base is beyond ridiculous.

Hadenough

Reaction score

I really wish Dak wasn't hurt so he could share the blame. Kinda pisses me off that he won't be on the field. Jones are going to think he isn't the problem again.